Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

May 10, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Serious Girl Friend issue
    Dear Askmehelpdeskers,
    Its been a while since I've posted but I'm in serious need of help with my girlfriend. She is a completely different person now than she was when we first were dating. She was passionate and kind, caring and sweet. Every night she would call me and we would talk for hours about anything, she would ask me how my day was and take true interest in my activities. Now she's very reluctant to call me and gets mad at me when I call her. She's always focused on making sure that she's happy whenever we hang out and could care less when I'm happy if at all. Last night I was feeling really down due to my grandfathers illness and my grandmother recently falling and breaking her hip. I called her and told her I was feeling down and she started yelling at me because of it. I then proceeded to tell her I was starting to feel suicidal because I felt like no one loved me and she then hung up on me. After being with her for 2+ years I'm really attached to her but I really don't think I can be with such a mean person who is so emotionally abusive and neglectful. She always comes to me when she's upset and I comfort her so its like I give and give and get nothing in return. HOW THE can I get her to love me like the way she used to.. what the happened that made her change so drastically.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 06:17 AM

Sounds like this relationship has run it's course, if she isn't giving you the emotional support you need right now, perhaps she isn't worth keeping around. Try one last time to sit down and talk with her about how you are feeling, if she doesn't care too do it, then you have a decision to make.

May 10, 2010, 06:23 AM

I'm really at that point right now I just don't know how to approach her about telling her how I feel. Maybe something that will grab her attention some different way will help with getting her to care about me.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 06:25 AM

If you're talking about suicide, that is definitely not the answer

May 10, 2010, 06:35 AM

Well that was one of the ideas I was considering but the last one.. I was hoping to get her to love me while I was still alive
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 06:37 AM

Think about positive things man, I've been down your road before. It's a dead end. Suicide is the most selfish way to go, you affect too many people, and all over a girl? Come on man, have some guts. There are a lot of girls out there

May 10, 2010, 06:47 AM

That's the really reaaaally sad part of the situation. She is the positive thing even though she is so mean and cruel to me she is so rarely nice to me I have to take it in for how I miss it. Like other women to me aren't attractive they don't make me feel the same way when I look at her. But as soon as she starts talking(nay yelling) its like a different person is there with a vengeance that is out to get me. I spent over 2+ years on her and over at least 5 thousand dollars and she doesn't even say thank you. I'm at this point looking for some way to salvage this relationship or just give up on it all.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 06:49 AM

Here's what my dad told me when I was in my last relationship and kept trying to salvage it, If you're trying this hard, it's not working.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 07:46 AM

The Honeymoon effect.. Very deadly.

In the beginning of each relationship, our true selves are never shinning through. It's a good lure to get into a relationship. Once that honeymoon effect wears off, then your true self comes out.

Maybe she was never a nice person in the first place. Maybe she's no longer in love with you. Maybe she's cheating on you.

Whatever the cause of her drastic mood change, you can't handle it, nor should you have to. She's abusing your trust. Making you feel worthless because the one person who is suppose to pick up where everyone left off is neglecting you.

The healthiest thing for you to do, is to leave her. Its going to be hard, because you're going to have to cope with yourself, and re-discover who you are and what you want in life.. But without the continuous down trodden girlfriend pretending to love you, you may bounce back quickly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl friend kissed another girl [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, so.. last Friday my girlfriend (Of 6 months) Admitted to kissing another girl, She doesn't know how, it just happened, it is threatening our relationship. She has showed no signs of being lesbian or bi. It wasn't a kiss on the cheek or anything like that, it was a full blown out of the...

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Girl friend sees me more as a friend then boyfriend.just read it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone one Well I'm 21 almmost 22 and I had a stupid car accident 4 yrs ago... I was racing some kid in his mustang.. for $$300 my car was hit by a semi truck and then fliped 4 times and went in a ditch don't RACE lost my best friend like that... had broken ribs.. and got a concuison.. broke...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

View more questions Search