Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSK2130 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Trip to New York & Niagara Fall
    Hi

I am planning to visit (1 Week) to New york & Niagara fall with family. This is the first time traveling to New York. I am living in Texas.

I want to know what is the best time to visit New York with family. What are the places to see. Where to stay in New York which is more convenient to places to see and near by airport. What is the preferred mode transport for local site seeing.

I also want to know how to travel to Niagara fall from New York. How many days will required to visit Niagara fall.

Travel tips to visit New York & Niagara fall and ticket information about places to see.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 04:30 PM

It's Niagara Falls, not Niagara Fall. The Airport is in Buffalo, NY, probably a 40-45 minute drive from Niagara Falls. There is also an Airport in Niagara Falls but it is very small, limited service, mostly direct or charter flights.

Once you get to "The Falls" there are many places you can reach by foot - there are also tour buses.

I don't understand what you mean by "travel to NF from NY." Are you talking about travelling from NF from NY City? If so, you can drive, fly, take the railroad.

To completely see everything there is to see in NF, both sides of the border? I'd say four days.

I prefer the Fall because the leaves are turning; however, Summer is the prime tourist season.

The NF Chamber of Commerce has a TON of information on where to stay (depending on how close to the Falls you want to be and how much you want to spend), where to eat.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2010, 04:39 PM
    The two places are on opposite sides of the state, 310 miles (499 km) apart.

I'm from that state and have been to the Falls many times. Do you want to be the tourist and visit museums and fudge shops and wineries or be the nature lover and walk on Goat Island between the American and Canadian falls and ride on the boat that travels below the Falls and walk on the slippery rocks at the bottoms of both Falls? The Canadian side features not only the spectacular Horseshoe Falls, but also gorgeous gardens and flower displays. There is also Old Fort Niagara nearby and other historical spots. You could easily spend two or three days there, yet not see everything.

As for NYC, you will have to hit just the highlights if you plan to travel across the state to NF.

And there are wonderful sights to see in between -- the Hudson River Valley, the Catskills, the Adirondacks, St. Lawrence Seaway, Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, the Southern Tier -- oh my! Now I'm homesick!

I'd advise travel to one or the other, but not to both in the same week's trip. There is so much to see and do in NYC, so that is where I would go. NF can be saved for another vacation.

JudyKayTee and others from the state will give you some good advice on how to limit yourself and still see amazing sights.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2010, 04:43 PM

And if "you" intend to enter Canada you will need approved ID - at the moment that includes a birth certificate, passport, enhanced drivers license.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2010, 04:51 PM

Without knowing what you are interested in it's hard to advise. But 1 week might be enough for Niagara Falls, but not near enough for NYC. There is no wrong time for NYC. It is more crowded during the summer because it is more crowded. If you are visiting Manhattan you should stay in Manhattan, other wise you will waste too much time traveling. As WG noted, they are on opposite sides of the state. My daughter takes 9-10 hours to make the drive. So you really want to fly (<2 hrs).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sizing amp frame & amp trip for heaters [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a chart that gives me the sizes for amp frame & amp trip for heaters in industrial plant or offshore applications. Can anyone help me with this?

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, fall down on me fall fall [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, Fall down on me Fall Fall Build me up Fall fresh on me

York heating & ac unit [ 0 Answers ]

The heat will not start up the blower is good & the kick out switch is good

Free Fall Object Falling & Thrown Up [ 21 Answers ]

From a bridge 50m above water, one person throws a rock down at 20 m/s and at exactly the same time a second person throws a rock up with the same speed. Ignore air resistance. How much time elapses between the first splash and the second splash.

New Jersey & New York Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I work in New York and had New York taxes withheld. I live in New Jersey. Do I have to file in New York and in New Jersey? Will I owe taxes in New Jersey or do I get a credit for taxes paid in New York state?? Thanks

View more questions Search