Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genedel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 10:49 AM
    I have a cylinder, hand made in Germany, it is 17
    I have a cylinder filled with liquied and has 7 floating ball,each with a numer,starting with 16 through 28, each has what looks like a degree sign. Was hand made in Germany.could you please help?

Gene
    genedel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 10:50 AM

What is it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 9, 2010, 11:15 AM
    Could you post a picture ?

Sounds like it might be a hydrometer used in wine making to determined the alcoholic strength.

Then again it could very well be a thermometer as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Thermometer
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 11:31 AM

I think it is a room temperature thermometer, in Celsius.

Those temps are within the room temperature range: Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry? [ 1 Answers ]

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry?

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search