Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dooogie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 07:14 PM
    micro lam beams
    12 foot span load bearing wall 2x4,s.this is first floor carrying 2x10 joist for the second floor bedrooms. House is 25 foot wide cape.I plan using 9.25 or micro lam beams two of either.will two 9.25 cover the load
    Loophole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

You need to provide more information in order to do the calculations correctly.

Basically, you are looking for the tributary area that is supported by the micro-lam and you multiply the live loads and dead loads of the floor and roof above that it will support. You take the total and compare it to standard beam sizing charts to get the proper size.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 04:49 AM

Double 2x12 header with footing and lolly column at mid span of 30 feet.

U could get micro beam to do span without column, but I do not know size. Would have to check with manufacturer.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deflection of beams [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone derive the formula for calculating the deflection of beams?

Assembling a micro-lam beam. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a 4-ply micro-lam beam that I need to assemble. The completed beam will measure 14 foot in span, and 14 inches in height. Since it is a 4-ply, it will be about 6-7 inches wide (I'm not at home now, so I can't measure and give exact dimensions). I was told that the way to...

Lam confussed, could l be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help, my last period was on the 13th of November 2006 which makes it 14 weeks back. I did several pregnancy tests in December as well as in January but the results were negative. On the 8th of February this year l repeated the test as l still haven't had a period since November which is very...

Rafters - beams [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home that is a post and beam frame. Can I replace the second story beams with rafters from the ridge to the plate at the same points as the beams?

Low Beams [ 1 Answers ]

Why Would Both Low Beams Go Out At The Same Time On My 2004 Hyundai Elantra?

View more questions Search