Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lipps14006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 02:12 PM
    statistics help free online
    Perform a 2 sample non pooled t-test procedure on the summary statistics for 2 independent samples use a significance level of 5%
    Sample mean A= 705.375 Sample mean B= 817.067
    Sample SD A 183.855 Sample SD B= 330.146
    Sample Size A= 8 Sample ize B= 15
    jcavhs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 04:52 PM

I'm assuming that what you are trying test for is whether the means are significantly different from each other. I would recommend using Welch's t-test. That basically is (Mean A - Mean B) / square root ((variance A/sample size A)+(variance B/sample size B))

Variance is the standard deviation squared.

To calculate the degrees of freedom you need the Welch-Satterthwaite equation. I'm going to direct you to this Wikipedia article (Welch's t test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) since I think that will be easier to understand the equation since it is a little complicated to write formulas.

Once you have your t-statistic you can use this site (Free p-Value Calculator for the Student t-Test) to calculate the p-value.
    samy22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
    A bank branch located in a commercial district of a city has developed an improved process for serving customers during the 12:00pm to 1:00pm peak lunch period. The waiting time in minutes (operationally defined as the time the customer enters the line to when he or she is served) of all customers during this hour is recoded over a period of one week. A random sample of 15 customers is selected, and the results are as follows:
    4.21 5.55 3.02 5.13 4.77 2.34 3.54 3.20 4.50 6.10 0.38 5.12 6.46 6.19 3.79

a. Compute the arithmetic mean, median, first quartile, and third quartile, showing your calculations.
    b. Compute the standard deviation, range and interquartile range.
    as a customer walks into the branch office during the lunch hour, she asks the branch manager how long she can expect to wait. The branch manager replies, ‘Almost certainly not longer than five minutes’. On the basis of the results of (a) and (b), evaluate the accuracy of this statement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help free online [ 2 Answers ]

perform a 2 sample pooles t-test procedure on the summary statistics for 2 independent samples from 2 populations. If we want to check whether the data provide sufficient evidence to suggest the population means differ. Use the significance level of 1% sample mean A=143.9 sample mean...

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free statistics online help [ 1 Answers ]

The only values a random variable x can assume for a certain population are 5,9,14, and 19. Construct the sampling distribution for the mean from samples of size 3 taken from the population, with replacement. Also, find the mean and the standard deviation of the sampling distribution

Free statistics help online [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a homework problem in business statistics (MBA)

View more questions Search