Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remmrick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Partner stays out with 2year old not letting me know where she is. Have I any rights
    My partner has latley taken to staying out all night with my daughter,she says she will be back at a reasonable hour with my 2 year old but never does,11.30 pm last week staying out all night Monday.she turns her phone off as she leaves so I have no idea where she is. We are separated but still living in the same flat,as its tied in with my job.She said she has stayed at a friends,who is bieing watched closely by social services as her partner is a drug addict,with violent tendencies.social services have said that if he is seen at her friends address she will loose her children but ignores them and has him in her house regularly,both smoking canabis.\I am worried sick that my daughter is there although me and my ex agreed not to take her round there,this is ignored by her taking her round in the afternoons and lying to me. Have I got any legal rights to know exactly where she is? Can I insist she comes home at a reasonable hour? My ex has a short temper and has punched me in the face several times while holding my daughter,usually because I object to her plans or refuse to do as she orders,totally unreasonable with no compromise.Can I do anything to stop her?tried walking away she follows,locking myself in shed she then breaks the door in,then locks me out,threatening to call the police and say I attacked her. Can I get somekind of order to stop all this as my daughter is exposed to this constantly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 03:46 PM

Why do you allow her to take the child to start with?

Who has legal custody of the child, has there been a child custody hearing ?

And if my child was in "danger" I would be moving or having a order of protection to move out the other person.

Put your safety and your child's safety above any MONEY or HOUSING

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unmarried Partner Split - Rights to assets? [ 2 Answers ]

I have moved out of my parents house which contained, due to my fathers death just my mother, the mortgage was paid off with the life insurance etc and she was self sufficient with income from a part time job, pension and income from investments. Nothing too extreme but easy enough to support...

Ex sign away rights and partner adopt daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I need to know what the steps are that need to be taken in order to have my ex sign away his rights and have my partner adopt her. I'm in Oregon and we are not yet married. Is there any way to do this out of court?

Does my partner have rights to see his children [ 12 Answers ]

My partner has two children by his ex partner, they separated a long time ago and she had made it very difficult for him to see his son and daughter,she has sent him nasty & treatening text messages and has pestered him for money, he pays child support for them but she wants him to give her cash...

Me and my 2year old son [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 year old boyfriend wants to adopt my son. We live in ar and my ex husband lives in ga. I don't know the laws in ar for him to be able to adopt my son can someone help us find out. We are really needing to know. I want to be able to give my son a family he deserves to have... :)

View more questions Search