Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tstock8473 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Mortgage broker lied about refund of pre-paid insurance.
    I recently refinanced my house and was assured several times (by the broker and closing agent)that if the house sold within 1 year that 4/5ths of the pre-paid insurance,$4100.00, (on an FHA loan) would be refunded. The house sold in a few weeks, I never made a payment on the new loan. After receiving the payoff statement from mortgage co. I called to see when and how much the refunded insurance would be.I was told zero as the rules had changed etc. etc. So I essentially paid $4100.00 for 2 months of insurance (you can understand my anger!) Does the law protect me in this case(trusting the agents verbal assurances ) Is this mortgage co. legally responsible to fork over the 4/5ths of $4100.00 after making multiple verbal assurances in regard to the above?

Thank You in Advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 01:28 PM

They are obligated to anything that you signed in writing on this insurance, Read the application and the rules for it. What they are obligated to is what you signed in writing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

Mortgage broker vs. Mortgage Lender [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pro's and con's of using either a mortgage broker or going directly to the mortgage lender?

Refund for mortgage interest paid [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to estimate how much of a refund I will get for overpayment of mortgage interest?

Independent Insurance Broker [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on starting my own insurance company where I will sell policies for other companies and they will do the underwriting. I have my life and health and property casualty lincense. I am looking for a list of companies I could represent. I am not interested in companies such as State...

View more questions Search