Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnlynn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Can you go to college with a felony
    I am 16 I am in the process of going to court for felony charges... befor all of this happen my plan was to go to college an major in law.. note I want to b an juvenile defense lawyer.I've been told that that dream is out the window.. I would lik to continue my education. Do colleges accept people with felonies? I have an assult on a law enforcement officer.. what are some suggstion of fields that I can go into?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 06:57 AM

First are they taking you to court as an adult or as a juv ( family law court)

Do you have an attorney, have they looked at a plea deal down to a misdemeanor perhaps ?

But you can go to college, but areas in law, in medical field ( doctor, nurses) will all be out.

May 8, 2010, 07:03 AM

I'm being tried as an juv in juv court.. yea I have a lawyer an he had a plea agree meant with the commonwealth until they told the officer about it an the officer was against it because she clams she has headaches now..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 12:22 PM
    Hi, lynnlynn!

Are you in the United States?

Thanks!

May 8, 2010, 12:36 PM

Yes I am in the u.s.
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 01:21 PM

If this is in family court, the records will be sealed when you turn 18. So you will still have the same options in college

May 8, 2010, 01:41 PM

Ooo see I thought felonies don't go off u record we your 18?
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 01:43 PM
    I'm going to start another thread about the felony conviction records of juveniles that have been sealed, lynnlynn.

Thanks!
    Expert

May 8, 2010, 01:51 PM

I can't say what happens I your area, but here all juv records are sealed. In fact while the "term" felony is used, family court does not treat them the same as regular adult court.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 02:10 PM
    New thread has been started.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...ml#post2344656

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you go to college with a felony [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a grant, student loan,schlorship if you have a felony charge?

I have a felony, can I go to college and become a social worker [ 1 Answers ]

Upon my search for starting a career in social work, I learned that to become a clinical social worker you have to be licensed for the state of NC. I have a felony on my record (conspiracy) is it possible for me to accomplish this goal? If so what other careers can I pursue?

What felony convictions prevents you from getting federal aid for college? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a burglary conviction will it prevent me from getting federal aid for college?

College bound but have felony on record [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, I am currently in my 40's and on my way to start a new career, college bound thinking along the line of maybe law. A few yrs back I took a course to become a Nortary, passing but was denied by the state. When I was 18 I did some dumb things, but moved on quickly and been a good girl...

College education for free with a FELONY [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was any way that someone can go to college for free with a felony on your record.. I heard there were specific grants or scholarships but i don't know where to find any of this... Suggestions?? :confused: :D

View more questions Search