Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samybaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 04:45 AM
    Both of us are getting bored with the relationship
    Me and my boyfriend have been in a relationship for five months now. I swear I love him and I still believe he loves me too because that's what he says and I believe him. The problem is, I think both of us are already bored with what we have. He has already told me that he's already bored with it and I kind of agree with him. This hurts me because I do try my best to communicate with him but sometimes the words don't get out of my mouth. Sometimes he tells me that he feels that it's like a one-sided love because it's always him who tells me what he feels and I never do that. We've also had problems before that we see each other almost everyday and it bores me and him too, so we tried not seeing each other that often now and it worked for a few weeks and not, it feels like both of us are single because we meet more people that way when we're not together. So my question is, what should I or we do to keep our relationship alive?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2010, 04:53 AM

If you are bored after such a short time,perhaps you and he are just not meant to be together.

You should still be finding out about one another and enjoying the journey of getting to know each other.

Perhaps you need to rethink the relationship as it does not sound like a match to me.
    Maybe you would be better off as friends.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 8, 2010, 06:01 AM

How old are both of you?
    How long have you known each other?
    How long after you started dating did you 'fall in love'?
    What are your expectations in a relationship?
    How well do you communicate with each other?

To keep any relationship viable takes all involved parties working on it. While there may be times when one person seems to take the burden of doing most of the work over the course of the relationship it equals out.

There are many ways to show how much you care about someone besides saying the words such as looks, glances, love notes, remembering small things like the other person's favorite movie or song, etc.

I will admit that from what you have written I think you both let yourselves get carried away with a new relationship and thought it was more meaningful than it really is. You may be better suited as friends than boyfriend/girlfriend. Nothing wrong with that. It is better to realize it before trying to force a romantic relationship destroys the friendship.

It is rather common for 'lust'/attraction to be mistaken for love. Love can be developed out of attraction, but it takes time and hard work on the parts of both individuals.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2010, 11:57 AM

Wow - if you're already bored with each other can you imagine how awful it could be in a few years if you'd stay together?

If you're both that miserable, I think it's time to move on... it's just not meant to be.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 8, 2010, 06:00 PM

If you're bored with each other, end it.
    You've had had 5 months, that is like trial period. You're either a match or you're not.
    No harm no foul.
    jimseekinadvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 42

May 8, 2010, 10:02 PM

Bordem can come from spending wayyy too much time together. Perhaps try spending more time apart to hang out with others. This will help keep things interesting.
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

May 8, 2010, 11:55 PM

Woow five months and honeymoon stage is already over. No hope no matter how hard you both try, your just not compatible for each other, you did your best, give it a hard try but didn't work, just be friends and find someone else. Hope for the best!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 06:02 AM

Your boat was just a small tour, you need to dock this ship and find a new one. No way should you be bored that quickly into a relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bored with lack of sex life in relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Wonder does anyone have an idea of what I mean? I'm with my boyfriend for 2 years now and I feel quite bored with our sex life. I estimate we only have sex about once every 3 weeks and this has been going on for a long while. We do get up to other stuff in bed which can be quite fun but as I say...

Bored in Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about 7 months.. we love each other and everything is going great but I've become bored in the relationship. Its like we do the same things all the time.. go to the movies go eat go shopping.. He says he's spontaneous but he's scared I might not like what he wants to...

I think my boyfriend is bored with our relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I am 16, and I would like some advice and other peoples opinions about the situation, and what I should do. My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 6 months. The begging of our relationship was great. We can only see each other once every 1 or 2 weeks, so he would always tell...

Am I being TOO Available or are we just Bored? [ 16 Answers ]

I've heard countless of times that being too available can be a problem. I have been recently laid off, and my girlfriend calls me like 5 times a day when she's at work, to say hello, and just talk. Then when she gets off work in the evening at around 7pm, I go over there, chill, we watch TV, and...

Bored [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship w/ a guy for 7 months. And every now and then I ask myself why am I still with him, especially because ill be going away to college next year. We were talking today and he told me he really doesn't want to be in a relationship because of the obligations but he still...

View more questions Search