Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 7, 2006, 09:17 PM
    First off, the reason I referred to the website is because I thought we were not supposed to do homework questions for some one on this forum. Yes I did know how to solve the problem, but instead of just showing them how to answer this problem, I thought maybe since it was their homework, they are doing more problems like that one. Therefore, the website would be more help then for me to just show them how to work that specific problem.

And the reason I said "Its not my purpose to figure out why they are asking, but only to help", is because before your edit you said something like anyone who can fill out the information to become a member of Help Desk should be able to do this problem. Well that may be true, but I know there are times I have a bit of a "blonde moment" and can't figure out a simple problem for the life of me. But what I meant by that statement was just that I don't know if they are just having a hard time with math or even if they too were just experiencing a "blonde moment". Still I don't think there is any reason not to help someone who is in this situation regardless of why the are asking the question.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 7, 2006, 09:28 PM
    I tried to agree, apologize, and compromise, but you leave me no choice. As I have said at least twice before, I didn't just do there homework; I explained how to do it a simply as possible, so that they understand. Second, you still make no sense saying, "It's not my purpose to figure out why they are asking, but only to help". I never asked "why are you asking. Third, and most importantly, I helped the asker! Why are people saying I didn't. What confuses me is how you could say these things after I try to reason and apologize. Did you read what I JUST said. If you were listening, I was agreeing that it was a mutual mistake because emotions are left to the imagination in text. Furthermore, it is hard for me to right what is wrong and correct myself when people bombard me with accusations. I want to come to an agreement, but some of you seem to want to keep pushing on.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 7, 2006, 09:47 PM
    This will be my final post on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Yes, it is good to refer to other websites for help. But this is rediculus. Something like this you should be able to explain to someone yourself.
    Yes, I did read what you said. And saying this about me is not needed in your apology. I'm sorry but that is MY OPINION.

And my last post was to show the intent of my first post. I'm not trying to argue or accuse anyone of anything. I just want people to know why I gave the website since some think its ridiculous.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 7, 2006, 09:51 PM
    You are contradicting yourself. You throw punches and then just walk away, pretending nothing has happened. Make up your mind.
    lalla1995 Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Aug 23, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Answer of this question is 0.3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating pi to n decimal places [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose your goal is to calculate (not look up) a value of pi that is accurate to n decimal places. Suppose n were 10. How would you do it?

Pi by recursive decimal places [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to calculate pi by using the current last decimal place to calculate the next decimal place. I already made a formula for pi that I posted on another board, but someone suggested I copy here. ---Begin quote--- This doesn't really fit anywhere so I'm just...

View more questions Search