Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

May 6, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Steps for foreclosing on owner financed property in Texas
    I owner financed a property to someone, they have never paid on time and have accumulated a lot of unpaid late fees. We reduced the payment back in July 09 to try and help them. Their April payment was due by the 8th of April, I contacted them on 12th, they said they mailed it. I contacted them again on the 14th they said that it must have been lost in mail, they would stop payment and resend. Here it is May 6, and another payment is due, along with 275.00 in late fees from last month, not to mention all the late fees from previous months. He stated that he can prove he mailed the check on the 12th and not his fault it got lost therefore he was not paying any late fees. I am tired of basically having to beg for my money, we do have a promissory note that states all about the late fees and such. Do I need to send a demand letter for payment or how do I start foreclosing on him? The propery is located in Magnolia Texas, Montgomery County? Please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2010, 09:29 AM

You are probably not going to be successful here. Generally you cannot even start foreclosure until they are at least 90 days past due. And then it usually takes another 3-6 months before the property can be transferred back in your name. Then they still have 90 days to vacate.

My suggestion would be to see if you can sell the promissory note to a mortgage lender. And let them worry about it. Of course that means you will need to accept less than the face value of the note.
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

May 6, 2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks Scott, I might try that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosing on rental property and cap gain implications [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I may need to foreclose on my rental property that I have owned for 15 years. The property appreciated over the years quite a bit. Since I am unable to sell the property in this down market and do a 1031 Exchange to shelter cap gains taxes, what happens if I foreclose? Am I still...

Owner and Contact Information for Property Owner [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know who and how to reach the owners of property located at {address removed}. Thanks,

SC Private Property Accident Directed by Property owner personnel [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Here is my question and some back ground information. I was on private property when there was a medical emergency in progress. There were no signs, no alert, and no sirens. I was not aware of the situation. A person in uniform was blocking the property's exit and starts directing me...

Paid off Owner Financed Mobile Haven't gotten paperwork [ 6 Answers ]

We purchased a owner financed mobile home April 08. In our mortgage agreement, we had 3 years to pay off the financed amount. It was a sum of 4,000 dollars to be paid within that 3 year time frame with no interest but if we did not pay within that time, another thousand dollars would be added for...

How do you foreclose/repossess/ evict from owner financed mobile home I'm mass? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband sold our mobile home to a woman on ssdi she knew the contract conditions,now she has no electric,no home owners and she has taken out appliances in the mobile and gave them away even tough contract states she cannot,she alao cancelled her homeowners insurance which is in...

View more questions Search