Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prettyLady1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 08:35 PM
    International relations/politics
    Im having to write a paper for a class and this is the only part of is I'm so confsued on. Someone please help me!

Can a shift in the " balance of wealth" upset the balance of power in international politics and contribute to war?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 8, 2006, 12:24 AM
    I am not sure whether you mean the balance of wealth within, between or among nations.
    I suspect that this is why you are confused and suggest that you seek clarification from the instructor or else review the text material in order to see the issue clearly.

In any case, shift in the balance of wealth between nations certainly can lead to war. Why did England and Spain clash? Spain had suddenly become exceedingly prosperous causing England to become envious and leading to the piracy which instigated a war. Yes I know there were also religious factors but the economical ones were more influential in goading the confrontation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Politics [ 3 Answers ]

Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?

Canadian politics! [ 103 Answers ]

We are coming to an election in the new year. We have had 12 years of liberal rule which I do realize may be good for the finances of Canada, but in whole is not good for morality of our country, or the safety of our country. The liberal government has promised many things and never delivered,...

Salon politics [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a very small salon and there are 4 other women in the salon besides me and my boss. I have always thought that we were all like a big family and today I called to see how many clients I had for tomarrow and one of the women there informed me that my boss (my friend) had a heart atack and...

View more questions Search