Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thammu1 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Oil on Canvas signed FRANCO.
    Hi,
    Could you please help identify the artist in this beautiful oil on canvas.
    It says FRANCO.
    Searching signatures on different web sites did not help me find a match.
    Thanks,
    Attached Images

limonazado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 01:52 PM
    I have an oil painting with the same signature and it only says Franco as well where did you acquire that painting?
    thammu1 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by limonazado View Post
    I have an oil painting with the same signature and it only says Franco as well where did you acquire that painting?

Thanks for your reply.
    I got it at an antique store. Any luck finding the identity of the artist? Is your signature exactly the same? What is the history of your's? Thanks.
    JamieLynne35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2015, 06:06 AM
    I have 2 paintings very similar to this, with the same Franco signature. Were you ever able to find out any info on this painting/artist? Mine were given to me by my Great Uncle. He lived in Naples at one point many years ago, which is where I believe he acquired them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to value oil canvas found in wall [ 8 Answers ]

A friend has found an oil painting rolled up inside a wall. He described it as about 24X16. It used to be framed. The signature reads A. Phalipp or Pholipp (or perhaps Philipp but probably not). It is a picture of a young boy around the turn of the century maybe earlier. He is a redhead with blue...

Value of fischer oil on canvas large [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a very large ( approx 100cm by 50 cm) framed oil on canvas by, I think a german artist, by the name of "fischer". It was bought by my parents in the late seventies early eighties. It is of a farm scene with a thatched cottage and a large old tree in the forground and a farmer sorting...

View more questions Search