Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitchgirll Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Does a wasp die after it stings you?
    Does it die? And is there any specific treatment?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 5, 2010, 02:23 PM

A wasp stuinger is not barbed so it can sting over and over and not be affected. Some bees have barbed stingers and they will die when they are pulled of you. Read this Bee and Wasp Sting Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment on eMedicineHealth.com If you have any swelling of the tongue or throat get to an emergency room asap
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 5, 2010, 03:08 PM

Another old folk remedy for bee/wasp stings is a poultice made of wet tobacco. Supposedly the nicotine is a counter irritant that counteracts the venom while the drying poultice acts to "draw out the swelling."

Putting something cool and wet on an inflamed site makes sense. I know of no science for or against the counterirritant theory.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 9, 2010, 07:51 PM

My grandmother always used to put wet mud on stings. I don't know if it's been medically proven, but it sure helped the pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wasp Traps.How do they work? [ 0 Answers ]

Why is it that wasps (and other similar-type stinging bugs) can't crawl back out of a wasp/bee catching contraption that my parents use to trap them. The trap kind of looks like an upside down trapezoid. We (the kids in my class) were thinking it was because they can't fly out of there, but, why...

What is this wasp? [ 6 Answers ]

I need help in identification of this black-yellow wasp/bee. It has nearly the same size that of a hover fly. It makes nest in ground. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lDfVXMCBuu0/Sn6_9OAcmdI/AAAAAAAADbo/QE0pmYhEz2w/s1600-h/wasp-2.jpg

Wasp Infestation [ 3 Answers ]

Eighteen days ago, I found many wasps in my apartment and called the maintenance man for help. He killed them and used a spray on the outside bricks where he saw wasps going through a hole in the mortar to their nest in my wall. I asked for an exterminator to help with the problem Making a long...

Wasp, how to get rid of them [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best spray to use or the best natural way to get rid of wasp

Scorpion stings and donating [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so I was walking down the hall this morning minding my own when I stepped on a scorpion. (No idea where it came from! Our house is so clean you think I'd of seen it, except the lights were off. Anyway.) Well as you can probably guess the dumb thing stung me (for anyone who's never been stung...

View more questions Search