Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2010, 01:23 PM

So all you contact wearers. Which ones are better, hard or soft? Which are easier to put in? Which last longer? Which do you prefer?

Do any of you use the disposable ones? Are they better and cheaper in the long run?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 01:36 PM

Well as I mentioned before I only use mine occasionally and hence they're dailies as it works out cheaper in the long run, dailies are soft lens but aren't as good as hard lens which would be the monthly ones, it all depends on what you want them for. Long term use your better with hard lenses.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Hi, Alty!

I find the hard ones much easier to use. The openings to my eyes are rather small, so using the soft ones with getting them in and getting them out can be quite a pain most of the time.

I've asked similar questions to the ones that you're asking by starting other threads.

Thanks!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 01:42 PM

I find softer lenses to be more comfortable
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 01:51 PM
    I once put two hard lenses in one eye at the same time. It took me a good portion of the day to figure out why one of my eyes was so irritated and what I had done wrong!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2010, 05:17 PM

Clough, your PM box is full. :(
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 11, 2010, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    So all you contact wearers. Which ones are better, hard or soft? Which are easier to put in? Which last longer? Which do you prefer?

Do any of you use the disposable ones? Are they better and cheaper in the long run?
    Depends on what you mean by "better". Better fit? Depends on the fitting physician and the shape of your eye. Better comfort. Personally I think soft lenses are more comfortable, I've worn both for multiple years. Better financially? Soft lenses, for sure.

Soft are easier (for me) to put in. Hard lenses tend to last longer, most are very expensive and last a year.

Like I stated, I love my soft lenses. I'd never wear hard lenses again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contact lenses [ 10 Answers ]

I went to the ophthalmologist and had a thorough eye exam - I have worn contacts for ages, went to the optician with the prescription from the ophthalmologist, he fitted me for contacts and recommended Day & Night (or the other way around) and for whatever reason I said, sure, I'll take them. ...

Contact Lenses [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one know some contacts lenses that have the diameter 14.2 and base curve 8.6...

What do you think of your contact lenses? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys Have you tried any of these lenses? Cibavision O2 Optix (Air Optix) Cooperview Proclear Compatibles Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys

Contact lenses [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I know this has nothing to do with teens but it's the only thing close enough to the question. I have contact lenses I am having a trial week and the only problem is I find it hard to put the lenses in and take out. I have tried many ways but none seem to work. ANY IDEAS?! :confused:

Contact lenses/sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, (didnt know what to put this question under) I was just wondering if I can nod off with hard contact lenses in?? I am going on my holidays in a week and on the plane I will want to read but I will probably sleep a bit as well. I can't wear my glasses anymore because they are blurry as my...

View more questions Search