Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andycali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Plan 529 for business school
    Hi there:

I am enrolled to start a part time MBA this fall in California. Since I will be a self-funded student, I would like advice on any tax breaks/credits I can get for my education.

Furthermore, can someone let me know whether opening up a 529 plan would be beneficial (even though I'm going to school in a few months)?

Thanks,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:32 AM
    I see no real benefit for a 529 plan unless your state has a significant tax deduction associated with funding such a plan.

If you can show that the MBA enhances your job skills in your current job, you probably can deduct the tuition as an employee business expense. It is an itemized deduction, but MBA tuition is never cheap, so it could be a significant deduction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business Plan Required for Catering Events Business [ 1 Answers ]

I need to create a business plan for a proposed new venture that has the following characterics: Venue: 12,500 sq. ft. newly built facility to cater for wedding receptions, corporate events, other special events. The facility has the capacity to host up to 500 guests. I need help on...

Business Plan for Child Care business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Swati, I am working towards opening up a Day care center. I wanted to find out if there is any good reliable web site that will write the Business plan based on the information that's provided. Thanks, Swati

Business plan how to for a trucking business [ 2 Answers ]

I have a business plan outline someone gave to me. I need to make my own. I am having a real hard time. I have purchased Business Plans made EZ and it's not. How and where can I get help writing one?:cool:

Business plan [ 1 Answers ]

As a supervisor, you may be called upon to develop a plan without being given specific guidelines. What information a supervisor would need in order to create a plan for upper management and then to outline how you would prepare the plan.

Chapter 13, 401K and 529 plan [ 1 Answers ]

Currently filed a chapter 13 plan and I want to know if I'm able to contribute to my 401k or a 529 for my newborn. In addition, with horrible credit and a decent rate on my current mortgage can I do a refi?

View more questions Search