Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mansel Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 10:26 AM
    I need to build a website. What companies can I use that are easy to use?
    I need a user friendly web designing software/company to build a website like www.goinggreen.co.za. Can I use threehosts.com , wordpress? What else can you recommend that's easy and reputable?

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Hi again, mansel!

Web Hosting Ratings/Ranking (Reviews 2010): Top 3 Best Ranked/Rated Web Hosts for Personal and eCommerce/Small Business Websites - Cheap, Reliable Web Hosting Services/Companies/Providers/Plans for Your Sites - Affordable, Low Cost Web Hosters - Web is a site that evaluates web hosting providers. You can post things on WordPress.com — Get a Free Blog Here , But, I'm not sure that you can use your own template. It does get good exposure when people do searches for things, though.

I've considered using WordPress.com — Get a Free Blog Here
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Here are three, free ones that are easy to use that can get excellent exposure when people do searches for what you do, where you do it.

Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

Tripod - Succeed online

Bravenet - Web Hosting, Free Web Hosting and Web Tools

I know that you can use your own templates with the first two. Not sure about bravenet. But, I would think that in order for them to be competitive with other free hosting sites, that you most likely would be able to use your own template with them.

Like any site, it takes practice in getting used to using any of them.

May 4, 2010, 11:49 AM

Hi Clough,

Ok thanks. What would you recommend that's easy to use and reputable and allows for Paypal payments?
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 09:28 PM
    For right now, I think that the Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting would be the easiest for you to use.

When you join them, you'll find the following under Applications:

All of the following is quoted from Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

Browse App Store
    By: Webs | Released: June 9 2009 | Category: Business | Terms: Free

Make money online with e-commerce! Sell your products and services with the Web Store app. Add & organize your items, set your prices, and collect payment via PayPal or Google Checkout.
    Web Store

Have something to sell but you don't want to go through eBay? Why link to an offsite account when you can install Webs Webstores, which lets you completely control your customer's experience. Uploading your own, personal images to your store instead of relying on stock photos is easy to do, and setting prices in U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, British Pounds, and Euros lets you reach out to your customer base overseas. Set custom shipping charges and tax rates based on the countries your orders come from, and order the Premium Package to automatically update your page when your items sell out and you have a built-in customizable Web Store found nowhere else.

May 5, 2010, 02:27 PM

Thanks Clough. I will try Webs... and will see how I get on. Much appreciated.
    Uber Member

May 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Please let me know if you need help with that website. I've been using it for quite awhile now. Am still discovering things about it.

May 7, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Please let me know if you need help with that website. I've been using it for quite awhile now. Am still discovering things about it.
    Hi Clough> does Webs allow me to use paypal, Google ads as well? Or do would it be better to try wordpress? Thanks.
    Uber Member

May 7, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Hi again, mansel!

Do you mean Google AdSense ads to put on your website on webs.com?

Or, are you meaning something else having to do with Google, please?

Thanks!

May 7, 2010, 11:32 AM

Yes I mean putting Google adsense on my website when I get enough traffic as well as been able to use paypal for payment options in the future? Would wordpress be a better option then?
    What do you think? Thanks
    successhelper Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 11:40 PM

Hi Mansel,

Website builders are OK, but they usually have various limitations. I've tried several ones, and I always run into something that I'd like to do that they don't have, or something I want to do differently...

If you want to have some fun and build your website from scratch, here are some simple step-by-step instructions:
    Successhelper.com - Helping YOU Succeed Online!

Enjoy! :-)
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by successhelper View Post
    Hi Mansel,

Website builders are OK, but they usually have various limitations. I've tried several ones, and I always run into something that I'd like to do that they don't have, or something I want to do differently...

If you want to have some fun and build your website from scratch, here are some simple step-by-step instructions:
    Successhelper.com - Helping YOU Succeed Online!

Enjoy! :-)
    Hi, successhelper!

Is the link that you provided to your own website, or to a website you promote because you might make a profit because of people going to it and using it, please?

Thanks!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 7, 2010, 09:42 PM

Its one of those affiliate schemes from click bank and doesn't do as it claims, give them a wide berth. It's a scam.

Jun 7, 2010, 10:37 PM
    Hi, successhelper!

Is the link that you provided to your own website, or to a website you promote because you might make a profit because of people going to it and using it, please?

Thanks!
    Hi Clough,

This is my personal website where I am giving away a free eBook called "Create Your First Website By 3:45 This Afternoon" written by Chris Farrell. This is a 120-page manual with lots of screenshots and videos that teaches a person how to make a website from scratch step-by-step.

Chris Farrell's membership site has received hundreds of positive reviews and A+ votes on IMReportCard and has been consistently featured as the #1 online service for several months now. Don't take my word for it - just go to IMReportCard.com and search for "Chris Farrell Membership".

@positiveparent - I understand where you're coming from, but not every digital product on Clickbank is a "scam". Just do the search above and see for yourself. And hey - stay positive! :-)

Cheers!

~Nat
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Hi again, successhelper!

If people go to your website, is there the potential that you would be able to make some income because of them visiting your website because of what they subsequently might do there, please?

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Hi again, successhelper!

If people go to your website, is there the potential that you would be able to make some income because of them visiting your website because of what they subsequently might do there, please?

Thanks!
    Clough,

A free ebook is just that - a free ebook. Download it for free, get all the advice for free, I don't "profit" from anybody using the step-by-step instructions in this free ebook to build their own websites. :-)

The person asked, "What else can you recommend thats easy and reputable?" and I can sincerely recommend this instructional ebook because it's easy and reputable. And it's free.

Chris Farrell, the author of this ebook, also runs a Membership site, which is not free. I am a member of that site, and if anybody would decide to join it from my link I would receive a commission. However anyone can use the information in the free ebook without doing anything else that may result in anybody else "making some income because of them visiting this website because of what they subsequently might do".

Nat
    P.S. Would you please direct me to the link of the Terms of Service of askmehelpdesk.com? I don't seem to be able to find it. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 11:14 PM
    But, how do people get to read more than the first 20 pages of the ebook, please?

The link for the Terms of Service is HERE.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 11:50 PM
    Another question for you, successhelper.

Why is the pdf file of the first 20 pages named "teaser"?

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2010, 09:10 AM

Hi Clough,

"Members are welcome and encouraged to share their experience with companies, products and services;"
    That's exactly what I was doing. I have personally had a positive experience with the company, product and service that I mentioned, and know of thousands of people who have had the same highly positive experience.

"Neither AskMeHelpDesk nor it's Members may be held responsible for any consequence to any action or lack of action you take after reading any material posted to this site."
    It was very kind of you to be so concerned of what might happen "because of them visiting this website because of what they subsequently might do", but according to the Terms of Service of this site it was not necessary. But thank you kindly for looking out for all of us.

"do not refer or link to your products or services in the body of posts."
    That was the ONLY response you could have made to this thread without having to beat around the bush, that would have saved both of us a lot of time. I apologize for having included a link in the body of my answer to a product and service that thousands of people have benefited from, but that I personally was also associated with. Feel free to edit, delete, report to Moderator or whatever other actions you deem necessary to take to remove any links from my posts.

You can have the board all to yourself again now, Clough. It was nice meeting you.

Cheers!

P.S. "Some people don't know what they're missing, because they haven't been there yet!" ~Clough
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
    What I'm not missing is my money that has been well spent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need someone to build my website [ 9 Answers ]

I am opening a lingerie store online does anyone know of a good business to make the website for me> Thanks

How to build a website? I new but keen [ 10 Answers ]

OK I have been for the past year or so wanted to build a website and run a forum, unfortunately I have NO idea about how to do it and where to start I did try looking on the internet but everyone just refers me to sites that sell web space (which is OK I I knew how to make a site and wanted the...

Easy tools to build flash sites like moonfruit? [ 4 Answers ]

Moonfruit is a hosting site that has tools that makes Flash websites really easy. Its basically just point and click and by far the best. Are there standalone software that is easy to use and does the same thing? Does not have to be flash. The link below are some sample websites. Also I've...

View more questions Search