Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABoy_09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 07:15 AM
    My ex wife lied about having a job on the pipeline since 2007.
    Child support was based off her having no job in 2007 when I was awarded full custody. She has lied ever since 2007-2009 about working on the pipeline. Can I get her for fraud or something else. The child support hasn't been modified since 2007 because she always lied to me and told me she wasn't working so what can I do about this. She is now trying to sue me for custody since she moved back to live with her mom. But her mom has guardianship of her other son. She doesn't have a place of her own and has only been back in the state of Oklahoma for about 5 months. She has lied from 2007-2009 about having a job on the pipeline. I can get proof from her ex husband when they were together. But is there anything I can do? When are the statutes of limitation over from when its discovered?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 4, 2010, 02:31 PM

The only thing may be contempt if she did it under oath. Or perjury. But that is up to the judge. You could ask for an adjustment and in doing so ask for financial records. And see what happens from there.
    ABoy_09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 03:21 PM

It never went to court the first time. She gave up midway through. So she pretty much just signed and there was no question weather she had a job or not. But I guess that was our mistake. Thank you very much for your response.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2010, 08:00 PM

Sounds like if she lied, you may be able to use that and have support ordered according to her past job. And she would owe back pay. Assuming there was some original order in place based on fraud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I reapply for a job I lied on the application [ 2 Answers ]

I totally for got a about a 24 year old conviction, I put no on my appt to any convictions HR call me back an told me that they could not go on because I put no on my appt now the job is bock on the market could I reapply an put yes to a conviction.

Husband on H1, wife arrived in feb 2007 on H4, converted to F1 in Fall 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on H1 visa for the entire period of 2007 and I got married in Jan 2007 in India and came back with my wife in Feb 2007. She came on H4 visa and then started her masters on H4 visa and got it converted to F1 status here in the US itself. She has been working on campus since Sep...

Self on H1-B ( whole year 2007), wife is in India. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was working for the entire year of 2007 on a H1-B visa and got married in November 2007. My wife could not join me here during 2007 and will only be here in May 2008. 1. What should be my status while filing for my 2007 tax return? 2. Can I apply for an ITIN number for my wife while she...

Can I get deductions for my wife and Kid in 2007 ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , 1. I came to US on 21st Oct 2007 and my wife and kid joined me in Oct 28th 2007 2. The Marital Status in my W2 is MARRIED and Federal and State Exepetions as 7 each. 3. Now I find that I will not be able to get the exemptions because I have not stayed long.. and actually have to give...

Wife (H4) was not in the US 2007, can we file jointly? [ 4 Answers ]

I was on H1B visa in 2007, previously was on F1 visa from 2002-2006. My wife and I got married in Dec 2007 in China. She came to the US on H4 visa in Jan 2008. She was not physically in the US in 2007. Can we file jointly for 2007? Thanks for you help! -Jun

View more questions Search