Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cimorene Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Would they hate me?
    I am gay.
    Nobody knows it.
    Don't know what will happen it I tell someone (freinds/family)
    Good chance my parents would kick me out.
    Also good chance that my & friends won't talk to me.
    Pleez respond...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Most probably already know, I had a couple of friends that came out before

If your friends are friends, they won't care, if you lose a friend or two, they are not friends to start with.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
    I am gay.
    << No biggie, some folks are.
    Nobody knows it.
    Don't know what will happen it I tell someone (freinds/family)
    << Well you will not know till you do.
    Good chance my parents would kick me out.
    <<< And a good chance they will go right on loving you. I do not know your parents but I have been around quite awhile and have seen many kids with worst things to have to tell their parents.
    Also good chance that my & friends won't talk to me.
    <<, Also a good chance you will find out who your true friends are.Losing good time friends is really a good thing.
    Pleez respond...

Dec 7, 2006, 09:20 PM
    Thanks for the help guys I really needed it
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 7, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Nothing wrong with being gay but since it can be a pretty hot topic with some follks so be prepared to learn who really loves you and who doesn't. Be sure to have adequate support you know you can count on lined up before you anounce it to the world.

Dec 7, 2006, 09:29 PM
    Awsome
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 7, 2006, 09:40 PM
    The people that love you, will love you no matter what choices you make in this world. You are you. You are unique. There isn't anyone like you in this world. Be who you are. You may just find that those people that you are worried about to know your truth, already know your heart.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Perfect Advice Val!!

Yes, line up that support system before you enter into the unknown.

And yes there are those who are so misguided and misinformed, but just keep in mind those issues belong with them not you. Don't wear their confusion.

Best wishes to you.

Dec 16, 2006, 08:04 PM
    is it a sin to be gay? Because if it is than I don't care because I don't believe in god
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 08:43 PM
    Val, Gave excellent advice.

As far as religion advice goes, your question is it considered a sin. Truth, yes having sexual relations with the same sex is a sin.

The thing about religion is many people start hating the person themselves and have hatred against people. Which is not what this is about. Love the sinner but hate the sin.

Too many people forget that the whole thought behind God is to have love towards everyone. To love unconditionally. No matter what. That is the true God.

As far as friends and family if they do not except you, maybe they might be in initial shock but give them time to adjust to the fact that you have chosen a lifestyle that they may not agree with, but need to understand and let you make your own choices in life.

Joe
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimorene
    is it a sin to be gay? because if it is than i dont care because i dont believe in god
    I would tell you no myself, but given my particular spiritual affiliations, we're probably deemed sharing the same boat. :) Be yourself. Those who wish to understand you, will love you no matter what. It's your life and you deserve to be happy. Who are you ultimately hurting? Others will simply harm themselves in looking to pass judgement upon you. You have the ability to be so much more than that. Love yourself first. And then love others as you would yourself, regardless of whom you choose.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 16, 2006, 09:32 PM
    is it a sin to be gay? because if it is than i dont care because i dont believe in god
    Only some religions do. Christianity does or doesn't consider it a sin, depending on who's interpretation you care to trust. God does not consider it a sin, we were talking about it only last week and I believe it was made clear enough to me -- why would God make that which he then has to condemn! LOL

Dec 17, 2006, 07:07 PM
    ... I don't care!

Jeez u people underestimate me...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Forget the religions and be yourself. Being gay doesn't stop you from being a loyal, caring good human being, and as far as sin goes, there are so many sins we all fall into one or another.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 19, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Sin is a Jehovah god concept [ Christians, Jews and Muslims]. Non-believers live by moral, is it moral or not?
    Now lets look at your being gay from a moral point of view. Does your being gay hurt others? No, so no moral problem there.It may offend some people but that is their problem not yours.
    Does your being gay hurt you?Does my being straight hurt me? I can not see you being who you are as being harmful to yourself so I would say no moral problem there either.
    Being true to self is the only way to live. Think of the folks that came before you. I have a uncle that is almost 80 years old, Everyone in the family knows he is gay, but he has never said so.
    Your in a new world

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself [ 33 Answers ]

I'm so insicure about about everything I think I'm ugly fat and stupid and I just don't want to be around anymore I always think that everyone would be better off without me And that I'm just in the way of everyone I feel like my life is nothing but a big screw up And that I'm useless I...

Why does my daughter hate me so much? [ 48 Answers ]

I have been asking myself this question for a long time. My problems are many and I've probably made many mistakes. My husband of 20 years is verbally abusive. I am handicapped and unfortunately, I rely on his help. My two children (daughter 17, son 13) are both healthy and are doing well in...

I hate my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally red hair and as I have gotten older my hair has started to look more like strawberry blonde and very washed out. So this morning I decided to dye my hair - YUCK! What a mistake - I now have RED hair but very uneven, almost burgundy in some spots and I am afraid to go into the sun...

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

WHY! Could he hate me now? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I'm abit depressed because there's this guy I know,and for a long time we've been friends.Not great friends by any means,but he's forever been friendly with me,and never gave me any reason to think he hated me.We chat occasionally,but in recent weeks he's been very withdrawn,and I haven't done...

View more questions Search