Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Toddler washroom
    Toddler doing great at potty training for more then a week. What seemed like, he was going to the washroom a lot. Now the last couple of days it seems he has hardly went. He still goes to the washroom when he has too but not as much as before.

Could be just not the same amount of fluids?

Or etc... Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:40 PM

Could be less fluids, could be he's learning how to hold it in better. How old is he? Most (many?) boys don't get with the program until age three or later.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:43 PM

I'd guess that the novelty has worn off and going to the potty 30 times a day for a few drips isn't worth it any more. ;)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 10:11 PM

I guess you both could be right. He is almost 4. It just seemed he was going lots and lots before and the last couple of days very infrequent but when he does go there is more stuff coming out. I think you both are right. Learning how to hold it more, and also the novelty has worn off.

The only thing that he still does not do is the 2nd job, but that will come too.

Thank you guys for chiming in. I try to limit food and drink at night time too just so there is no need to go during the night. He used to always be a heavy wetter and now not anymore. Or at all. Guess it is what we call progress?
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 10:16 PM

I guess you both could be right. He is almost 4. It just seemed he was going lots and lots before and the last couple of days very infrequent but when he does go there is more stuff coming out. I think you both are right. Learning how to hold it more, and also the novelty has worn off.

The only thing that he still does not do is the 2nd job, but that will come too.

Thank you guys for chiming in. I try to limit food and drink at night time too just so there is no need to go during the night. He used to always be a heavy wetter and now not anymore. Or at all. Guess it is what we call progress?
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:23 PM

Jared was almost 4 by the time he potty trained. The key for us was getting rid of the pull ups. As soon as I put him in underwear and he realized that peeing and pooing in his pants was not a good feeling, he started using the potty.

Usually number two is first because it's easier for them to detect when they have to go. Having said that, a lot of kids are afraid to poo in the potty. Don't stress about it too much, I guarantee that he won't be going to school pooing in his pants. ;)

Kids are a lot like puppies. When he does what you want, go ballistic with praise. We always did the "Yay potty" dance. It's a silly little squirmy dance that makes you look like a complete fool and makes the kids laugh until their sides hurt. It's so worth it. :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 10:38 PM

Oh yes, the silly little squirmy dance. And the bribe treat afterwards... lol
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper1976 View Post
    Oh yes, the silly little squirmy dance. and the bribe treat afterwards... lol
    Hey, we even did the cheerio targets in the toilet. It didn't work too well. Jared wasn't hitting the target, decided he needed more cheerios, grabbed the entire box while my back was turned and dumped it in.

Those things swell when they're wet and they also stick! It was a huge mess of trying to unclog the toilet while toilet water cheerios came flowing out like lava.

I wish I had a picture of that. :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 10:43 PM

Oh the memories. The times we wished we took video or pictures of the firsts. And what silly things kids do... Priceless.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper1976 View Post
    Oh the memories. The times we wished we took video or pictures of the firsts. and what silly things kids do... Priceless.
    My friend always has her camera on hand, just in case.

When her daughter was under 2 she kept crawling into the fireplace. It's a real wood burning fireplace, so of course she'd get covered in ashes, make a huge mess.

My friend kept telling her no, taking her out, but to no avail. It was a daily occurrence.

Finally they put a big metal screen in front of the fireplace and for a while the fireplace playground was closed.

Then one day she was in the kitchen when she heard her daughter squealing in laughter. She went into the family room to see her daughter in the fireplace, the metal screen moved over (it was heavy) and her daughter covered from head to toe in ashes. So she got her camera, told her daughter to pose, got a few very good pictures, then pulled the child out of the fireplace, gave her a spank and told her never to do it again.

Talk about mixed messages. The pictures were great though. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New basement washroom [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, 2 questions I have, I am developing my basement washroom and it already has the ruff ins, do I still have to install a trap on the tub or do the builders usely install it underground? and the drain pipe that is set for the tub is 1.6 feet to far from the wall so I need to bring it back towards...

Installed a washroom [ 2 Answers ]

I need to installed a washroom in my basement , how do I go about it,there no rough in

NO pressure in the washroom. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I live in an apartment that has great water pressure, however. I had the water running in the shower, then noticed the pressure was low because the dishwasher was on. I left the shower running, went to the kitchen and turned off the dishwasher. Back in the shower the pressure got lower and...

How to Vent additional washroom. [ 2 Answers ]

Am installing basement washroom, tub toilet sink. Will be very close to the large copper stack that all the rest of the house drains into. There is a vent from the laundry tub that goes in to that stack at a higher level. Do I need to vent all 3 new units and where do I install the vents? Close to...

Venting for basement washroom [ 1 Answers ]

We are looking to install a washroom (toilet and sink) in our basement. There is a rough-in for the toilet - black pipe with cap- but no other pipes visible. Our home is about 5 years old, and this was installed at the time of construction. We have been told that in order to vent the toilet and...

View more questions Search