Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TMusser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Additional medical expenses
    My husband's ex-wife is seeking additional medical expenses. In the divorce agreement, it doesn't say that he is responsible for any. There was an addition made to the child support payment equal to half of her insurance premium, because where he worked, health care coverage was not available. Since it was not in the divorce agreement, is he responsible for additional expenses? She wants the children to have braces, they don't want them, and neither does my husband. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to do the right thing.

TMusser
    amy_24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 09:18 PM
    In my opinion I feel that an Orthodontist would only put braces on the child's teeth if they needed them. Also, just because there is not a court order saying that he has to pay it, he should because it is the right thing to do.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 08:11 PM
    If he's making whatever contribution to medical expenses the support agreement ordered the he shouldn't be responsible for anything additional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring additional smoke detectors [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to add 2 more hardwired detectors to my basement. There already exist one there that works. Is it OK to just take 14/3 wire, tie it into the existing one, and then run the other two in series off the existing one? I am assuming it is since the 14/3 will provide unswitched power as...

Additional income emergency [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone please direct me to legitimate websites (no sales) To do any type of clerical work or strictly telephonic customer service Work. Hopefully no fees are involved up front. Thank you.

Installing additional lighting [ 7 Answers ]

I just moved into a new home and I want to add a light switch and 3 fluorescent light fixtures to an area of the basement and remove the existing fixture which has a pull chain. The way things work now, there are 2 light switches that control basement lighting; one at the top of the basement...

Additional Casualty loss expense [ 1 Answers ]

I claimed property loss for a fire in 2003 in 2004 and claimed losses not covered by the insurance on the building. We did not get back into the home until July 2005 and the insurance did not cover all of the trailer rental expenses. I paid over $8000 in 2005 that the insurance did not cover...

Claiming medical expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am itemizing my deductions. I have a doubt regarding claiming medical expenses. I paid for Co-pay during the last year which is less than 7.5% of my adjusted gross income. Can I claim these expenses in my taxes. I greatly appreciate your help.

View more questions Search