Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalithacbe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I am an indian citizen, I applied J1 from germany
    I am an Indian citizen, I applied J1 visa to US from Germany. In the visa that I got indicates that I am not subjected to 212(E) rule. I wish to know whether the INA 212(e) two-year foreign residence applies to me or not.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen born in Germany--Can she get German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Just a quick question about obtaining a German passport: My wife was born in Nuremberg, Germany. Her father was in the U.S. Army and stationed there at the time. She only has a USA passport. Is it possible for her to get a German passport, since she was born there? Thanks in...

Filing 1040A as an Indian citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a citizen from India studying in the US on an F1 visa since August 2001. In 2005 I moved to grad school and remain on an F1 visa but from the new institution. I'm confused about some of the tax consequences this stay has - Since I've spent more than 5 years here I am a resident...

Taxes for Indian Citizen on H1 in US [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen from India. I am currently on H1 visa. I have been on H1 since 2003. Which tax form should I file? Am I allowed to be treated as non resident under tax treaty and file NR form? Last year I was a dual status but instead filed 1040 EZ. I think I could have filed 1040 NR...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.