Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geornage Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 10:07 AM
    I have no blood pressure inright arm why?
    I have normal blood pressure in left arm and can't get a reading in right arm. Any reason?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:46 AM

If you didn't have blood pressure in your right arm, you wouldn't have a right arm. Left arm is heart side, so very easy to locate it there. Where on your right arm are you trying to take your blood pressure ?

Tick
    joeyz123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 06:53 PM

This is not accurate at all. You are measuring your blood pressure with a Non-invasive blood pressure cuff which will have a little difficulty detecting low blood pressure. Most people have different blood pressures in different arms and throughout their bodies for that matter. Having a normal blood pressure in one arm and not detecting a blood pressure in the opposite arm is not normal. Google Subclavian stenosis. Subclavian stenosis is a narrowing of the subclavian artery that feeds blood supply to one arm or the other. Despite what most people think, the heart does not sit ont eh left side of the body as the poster above mentioned. The heart sits in the mediastinal cavity in the center of the chest behind the sternum. The sternum functions to protect the heart from injury. The apex or lower portion of the heart angles a little to the right so you typically hear or feel more of a pulse on the right side of the mediastinum. At any rate, if you can't detect a blood pressure in your right arm and you can in your left, you should probably go to the hospital or at least call your doctors office today and inform them of this. If you have blockages in your arm you probably have them in other areas of your body.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2010, 07:32 PM

You will have to have "pressure" it would be a error in taking if you are not getting any

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IV leaked into arm now 5 blood clots [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so I am 32 weeks pregnant, I had a stomach virus so I had to go to the hospital for dehydration and my fever. Well, they obviously gave my an IV and they also gave me phenergan through the iv. The next day we noticed my arm was very swollen and shiny; was also sensitive to the touch. Once my ob...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ideal blood pressure ranage for male & females

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im Julia My queston is, My bp is out of controal its 199/120 right now and I take 12 bp meds a day . Can anyone help before I have a stroke:eek: :eek:

View more questions Search