Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ricarda Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 05:33 AM
    What has worked for you thread
    FAO- Black/african american posters ( no offense its just that skin lighteners/whiteners work different on different races)

Ok , I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time now. The first time I came on this forum was like last year , when everyone was praising bio-claire. I just recently started reading this forum again but this time I'm hearing bio-claire is bad for you. So I stopped using bio-claire.

Right now I don't know what to use anymore and I am so confused. I searched most of this forum to see if someone has made a thread like this but I can't find it. The aim of this thread is to give people an idea of what can help them. So if you have time can you reply to this thread and tell us what exactly you used and how many shades lighter you are.

By the way my skin tone is like ashanti's but I just want to be a shade lighter.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 3, 2010, 08:27 AM

Quite honestly Ricarda,its trial an error,you've got do your own research,look around.

There's no why what has worked for five people work for all people.
    Some skins don't react well hydroquinone yet some lighten half a shade over night.

You've actually have to try things out go with what you know and you've read about.
    Hope you find what your looking for.

Just by the way when your referring to the "us" who are you talking about.
    Are you talking about you and others. Or?
    Hope you find something that works for you.

May 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAfricacute View Post
    Quite honestly Ricarda,its trial an error,you've got do your own research,look around.

There's no why what has worked for five people work for all people.
    Some skins don't react well hydroquinone yet some lighten half a shade over night.

You've actually have to try things out go with what you know and you've read about.
    Hope you find what your looking for.

1.This is the "What has worked for you thread". If you don't want to state
    What has worked for you ignore the thread.

Just by the way when your referring to the "us" who are you talking about.
    Are you talking about you and others. Or?
    Me and anyone else who finds themselves in a similar position
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 3, 2010, 03:14 PM

OK,I see...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 03:57 PM

This will be easy, they want the sellers to come here and tell them how great their product is.

Again, most don't work, some work on some people, but none work on all.

Are you working with your doctor for specific goals

May 4, 2010, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    this will be easy, they want the sellers to come here and tell them how great their product is.
    What ?

Again, most don't work, some work on some people, but none work on all.
    I obviously know not all works for everybody , but I just want hear what other people have been successful with. If I can't have that simple information then there is not point in having this skin lighting forum.

Are you working with your doctor for specific goals
    No.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 4, 2010, 07:45 AM

If you read all of the threads here, people have been successful with a variety of products.

That's why the first poster stated that it's an individual journey, with some trial and error involved.

You can't say "my skin is this shade, what will work for me?", because first off, 10 different things MIGHT work for you. Secondly--there's no reason to believe that what worked for someone else with your shade will work for you.

I understand that you're trying to get people to talk about what has worked for them--but nearly everyone here has already posted in another thread what has worked for them---and they know it might not work for you.

I seriously suggest you read other threads here to get ideas on what has worked for people, then ask specific questions about those regimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lived and worked in NY, lived in NJ worked in NY in 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

I know I should probably get an accountant for my takes this year, but I figured I would ask. For the first part of the year I lived and worked in NYC until August when I had an apartment in both NYC and NJ :( . Then for the rest of the year I lived in NJ and worked in NYC. I also started paying on...

Writing a Thread [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "thread" when posting to a forum on a site? Not sure exactly how to phrase the question. Maybe just looking for the definition of a "thread" as it relates to the Internet.

View more questions Search