Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimikool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 01:06 AM
    What is right of survivor ship?
    The deed says joint tenancy and does that mean right of survivor ship. Does the deed have to state "right of survivor ship" somewhere on it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 02:12 PM

Depends on the jurisdiction. The better view is that when the deed creates a joint tenancy the right of survivorship follows from the meaning of the expression "joint".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adam's Survivor talk show. [ 147 Answers ]

Hello, and welcome to Adam's Survivor talk show with Alty and Justy as my guests forever! Today and for hopefully days to come, This will be a place where everyone can gather and chat about none other than: SURVIVOR. So, who will be the first guest speaker today?

Sexual abuse survivor, police cover up to protect their own? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: On May 7, 1977 (my 13th birthday), in Indiana, I reported five years of sexual abuse by my police officer father. He was picked up by a rookie deputy (now the chief) who has admitted to me that he received a full confession from my father. On that day, I remember sitting in a room full...

Child abuse survivor. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 46 yo survivor of child abuse at the hands of my mother and father. The abuses consisted of beatings, being verbally abused, being tickled until I urinated in my pants, and emotional neglect. On one occasion I was beaten until I was unconscious by my father and experienced a near...

Southern Survivor [ 2 Answers ]

Because of the popularity of the Survivor shows, Several southern TV stations are joining together and are planning to do their Own, entitled: "SURVIVOR-- SOUTHERN STYLE" The contestants will start in Alabama , travel over To Georgia and on to South Carolina . From there they will head...

View more questions Search