Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CEPAR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 05:52 PM
    Carrier control unit AC going bad
    My carrier HVAC system does the following. When it first comes on it cool just fine, but when it goes through a on/of cycle tripped by the thermostat the blower comes on, the outdoor fan comes on but the compressor does not. If I turn the AC off using the tstat, then turn it back on, after about 15 minutes, everything works fine again. An Ideas where I should start looking to find the problem so I can fix it?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2010, 06:10 PM

Sounds like the compressor may be short cycling and not restarting, may need a hardstart kit, or to clean your outdoor unit.
    bigdaddy51 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2010, 08:41 AM

I would make sure the condenser coil is clean as joshdata said and install a low voltage time delay at the condenser

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell whether my washer has a bad transmission or a bad electronic control pa [ 5 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile clothes washer that is about 8 years old. It used to go to a low speed spin before kicking into high speed. Now, it only goes directly into a high speed spin. When this began, it gave off a burning smell that alarmed my wife. It doesn't give off that odor when I run the "drain...

Diagram for carrier heater unit [ 1 Answers ]

I just replace the relay for the heater and fan . I have acarrier unit but now the elements will turn on when the thermostat is off. The fan will not work with auto position please advice if u have adiagram to see if its wire wrong,, thanks

Carrier Unit Blowing Heat [ 7 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Carrier heat pump. Yesterday, it stopped blowing cold air and began blowing heat. With the thermostat set to cool. I had a non-carrier technician check it today, he said it was not freon that the pressure there looked fine. He mentioned that it cold be the heat strips or a...

Trouble with carrier AC unit [ 2 Answers ]

could anyone tell me why I my blower fan on my carrier (model#485x-036100331) will not run. It seems that every thing else works fine because the compressor & condenser runs and the coil will frost up. The only thing I found to check was a 5amp fuse. Any suggestions would be greatly...

View more questions Search