Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

May 2, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Extremely Relieved
    So this morning I woke up, walked into the living room and flicked the light on on my fish tank. And watched my fish for a bit. As I sat there I noticed that the smaller of my two ACFs Kermit was no where to be seen, not really thinking much of it, as they hide in the decorations, I just continued on with the morning. Later on I fed them, and was very concerned to see that once again Kermit wasn't there. This really concerned me as Kermit is a pig and always is the first to the top for the food(even though they sink to the bottom):rolleyes:, and he wasn't there. I then became scared and told my mom that he was no where to be found.

At this she told me that when she got up this morning(aprox. 7am) she had heard a huge splashing noise. I became frantic and opened up my tank and flipped over all the decorations. He wasn't there!!

And so mom, dad, and I(this was around 8:30am) started looking everywhere. We couldn't find him. At 9:15am we stopped searching as we had to go to church. My parents told me that we probably wouldn't find him as my two cats had been in and my dog. My cats would kill him if given the chance(I just scraped a mouse head off my step this morning), but I hoped that my dog wouldn't. My husky is the sweetest boy, one time my hamsters got out and all he did was sniff it. I refused to believe that he would hurt Kermit, but during church, we left Rex my husky indoor(as we always do when were gone, he's just too precious to take any chances), I had this nagging feeling.

When we got home(aprox. 11am) I let Rex out and we began the search again. My dad moved the fridge and I looked everywhere. My mom had moved the couch earlier that morning and there had been nothing. But in a desperate attempt I grabbed a flashlight and looked again, there in the dark were two red eyes, and a reddish body. Luckily I had been told before that they change to red when out of water for a while. So my dad picked the couch up, and my mom grabbed Kermit as I prepared a small dish of water. We all thought he was dead as he was incased in dog hair(no word of a lie) but a my mom set him in the bowl he started moving. I was so happy and my parents were shocked. I picked the dog hair off him, and when he started swimming I put him back in the tank.

He's now back to his normal color and seemingly fine. We duct taped the holes in the hood, and hopefully this won't happen again. How he survived out of water for 4 hours, with our 2 cats in the house, and our dog, I'll never know. I'm just glad he's okay.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 12:56 PM

Phew, a happy ending! I'm relieved too that you found Kermit. :)

You could perhaps put a lid on your aquarium... just in case. If it could leap out of the water like that, who knows when it could do it again?

May 2, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Phew, a happy ending! I'm relieved too that you found Kermit. :)

You could perhaps put a lid on your aquarium... just in case. If it could leap out of the water like that, who knows when it could do it again?
    I have a lid on the aquarium, but it has a huge open space where the previous owner had ripped it off for the heater and filter. So I covered them over with duct tape.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 01:17 PM

Oh, yes, sorry, it's just that I'm really tired right now... should have been in bed long before. Clever fish you have there though... escaping both cats and your dog (though I'm sure Rex wouldn't have hurt it). Like an adventurer :p

May 2, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Oh, yes, sorry, it's just that I'm really tired right now... should have been in bed long before. Clever fish you have there though... escaping both cats and your dog (though I'm sure Rex wouldn't have hurt it). Like an adventurer :p

Believe it or not, but after I put him in the tank he was up at the top again trying to get out.:eek:
    I watched him closely for the next hour, and my dad said it was like he was on suicide watch.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 11:07 PM

How scary! :eek: And very lucky you found him again!
    Guess it's time to vacuum under that couch :p (don't worry mine's the same!)

We had a silver shark that decided he didn't like his tank any more and managed to line himself up and jump out this tiny area in the corner of the lid where you put your finger in to lift it up.

It was the middle of the night and the only thing that saved him was that he landed on a plastic bag that was on the floor which made a heck of a noise when he was flapping around on it!

May 3, 2010, 02:53 AM

So, I just woke up, and I'm happy to find that kermit is still in his tank and very much alive. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bladder discomfort relieved by orgasm? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I have this quite embarrassing problem, but I'm feeling brave today so I'll ask about it. :o Not every night, but frequently, I have the urge to pee, and have to get up and pee several times within an hour or so. Not much pee comes out however, sometimes just a dribble and sometimes...

Extremely tired. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been extremely tired the last few weeks... I have been sleeping until 12 even when I do get to sleep early. I have had pains in my stomach closer to the right side just below my ribs, I have had occasional sharp pains in my boobs, it feels like my stomach is bloated, and I had what I thought...

Extremely confusing, what to do [ 3 Answers ]

I met this woman about 5 months ago while on business 2hrs away. I was going to be there for a period of 4 months and really wasn't looking for a relationship. She was everything I was looking for and things between us progressed very fast. She moved in with me when my term was up due to us...

Am Extremely Uncertain About What to do [ 3 Answers ]

I think I might be gay. I have a girlfriend who's Godmother is dying right now. They found two lumps on my Mom's breast. What do I do? My girlfriend would be furious at me if I told her before her Godmother died and soon after. However, I do want to explain to her that she's not the problem and...

EXTREMELY old B/W masterpiece [ 4 Answers ]

I only know one small scene that keeps coming up in documentaries about the history of cinema. It is some sort of an "underground orgy". I thought it could be Griffith's INTOLERANCE, but I watched it and although it resembles it that's not it. It might be one of his other films I don't know. So do...

View more questions Search