Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Savage2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 09:01 AM
    Co worker who lies over her working time
    A coworker short changes everyone at my job _ she comes in late ~ go home earlier than her usual time.. he really take advantage of the agency... If I go to my superior nothing will be done and I still have to put up with an angry co worker day in and day out.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 10:07 AM

Unfortunately nothing will probably be done about this situation and your going to the supervisor will only make you look bad. I had a similar situation a few years ago where the "girls" working next to me did not clock out for lunch but ate their lunch at their desk, emailed and sent personal messages to their friends and relatives all day long - yet they got paid overtime at the end of the week as their lunch hours were not accounted for. I got a huge bowl of "thanks" from the supervisor when I pointed out this behavior and I ended up with the short end of the stick a few months down the road where I was laid off and not them. Go figure.

Just bide your time and your coworker will be discovered. If you can't stand this sort of behavior may I suggest that you get another job elsewhere as this situation is not about to remedy itself unless she decides to quit and go elsewhere.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2010, 10:41 AM

You do your job and let them break the rules, so the company knows about it, and says it is OK.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 02:52 PM
    It's your manager's responsibility to be monitoring the people that he or she is responsible for. It's called 'management'.

If your co-worker is flouting the rules, you manager is responsible, not you. Stay out of it.

If you say something, your manager may be initially grateful, but in the end everyone hates a person that 'tells' on someone else.

You won't be a winner, in the end you'll be a whiner.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2010, 02:57 PM

You're there to do your job, so do it. Don't worry about everyone else.

If this is so obvious to you, then it's obvious to someone else. Let her dig her own grave, just keep your foot out of the hole.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 5, 2010, 08:44 AM

I agree about not getting directly involved. The "no good deed goes unpunished" is evident in how often the whistle-blower gets shafted even though they aren't the bad guys here.

Alternately, you can specifically report all of this information in an anonymous "tip" mailed in to the supervisor and the supervisor's supervisor, if it's REALLY that big of a deal. Make sure your note does not use verbiage traceable to you, perhaps nothing more than a series of facts and figures, little emotional content.

After your anonymous tip has been mailed, as the others have suggested, forget about it. You can't act like you know anything even "should" happen, the tip isn't from you, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary worker docked for missed time, but not paid overtime [ 5 Answers ]

We just had a corporate company take over the dental office I work for. I was given the position of manager with a salary. They gave me an hourly wage increase to adjust for the overtime and bonus we were losing. I have over 30 hours of overtime not paid in the past 4 weeks. When I took 2 days...

Having a hard time dealing with a co-worker [ 16 Answers ]

There's a guy at my work who is a shift supervisor, and he ALWAYS talks down to me and has an attitude. It REALLY bothers me, because he has an attitude with me constantly. Other people that I work with say he's always like that, but that's NOT okay, and he doesn't treat them the same way he treats...

She lies all the time what do I do [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl katie for 1 year and 2 months now and I just don't know what happened bettween us at the beging of last year when I met her she was crazy about me she would do anything for me and I waited about a month before I started dating her and when we first started dating I...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Social worker college time [ 2 Answers ]

If I wanted to be a social worker, how many years of college would I need? And what kind of classes would I have to take?

View more questions Search