Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 1, 2010, 10:52 PM
    Boyfriend---- My baby pictures?
    So my boyfriend is coming to meet my family officially in June... We have an old family picture hanging up in the kitchen. It's HUGE. You can't miss it... I'm dark in the picture... Really dark. What is he going to think? I'm nervous. He has no problem with women with dark skin. He thinks beauty comes in all shades. But I'm afraid if he'll think I'm bleaching? But maybe he won't even really think anything of it? I'm so nervous. Ugh.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

May 2, 2010, 01:14 AM
    If he mentions that you look darker in the picture just brush it off like it's no big deal say "oh I guess I do".don't go into some long winded explanation, "um I got tan or that was in the summertime, I used to be in the sun a lot" etc.. You know what I mean?

If your lightening looks natural and your skin doesn't look bleached out he'll think nothing of it, not for too long anyway, I've seen plenty of people with baby pictures, older pictures where they looked lighter or darker, didn't phase me any because I know black skin changes tones from time to time.

Since you are lightening your skin and your kind of hiding it from him your getting a little paranoid lol. Not everybody is thinking about your skin the way you do!:)
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 2, 2010, 02:30 AM

Just ask you mom if you could take it down an explain why ,you'll find that she will understand.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 3, 2010, 03:51 AM

Chill Brown!

If he says your dark... just tell him oh it is the lighting... Because lots of people look dark in pics due to lighting etc.

Else tell him that was the time you used to go play in the sun too much and becoming more conscious about your looks you started taking care later.
    marnawds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 05:08 PM

I agree with imgorgeous blame it on the lighting.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2010, 06:26 PM

Are you lightening ? If so are you ashamed of that fact ?
    If you are, and he asks, tell him the truth, never lie in a relationship over something that is easy to find out.

Parents will always bring out a photo album sometime early when the date comes to visist
    Danielle1814 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2010, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Are you lightening ? if so are you ashamed of that fact ?
    If you are, and he asks, tell him the truth, never lie in a relationship over something that is easy to find out.

Parents will always bring out a photo album sometime early when the date comes to visist
    Morally that is the right thing to do, but there's also a chance that he may not agree with the fact that she's lightening, & it could possibly put a strain on the relationship or end. I'm just saying.. lie lie lie lmaoo *in this case*
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 21, 2010, 09:39 AM

Chuck. Get a life. You always come to this board every so often to start drama. Such a troll. I refuse to feed you. You'll be ignored from now on. Your real life must just be THAT pathetic. Oooooo you have online powers. *Rolls Eyes*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just had a baby, boyfriend of 7 years has another one on the way, what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a baby in January, just found out that my boyfriend of 7 years has another baby on the way that is due in July! His explanation was that we were having problems! I don't think I can forgive and forget, but I do love him so much that I might let this situation just past. I am so hurt and...

Boyfriend has a baby by another woman [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend (21) and I (19 )have been together for almost 8 months in April this year, his dad and step mom love me, but I found out that he was possibly the father of a one night stand with this girl he knew (BEFORE HE MET ME). She got him drunk and than never mentioned having to wear a condom...

Married and had a baby with boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years. My husband and I have 2 kids. About 2 years ago we seperated(not legally) and I met someone and got pregnant. During our short 2 year relationship we were on and off due to his drinking and abuse of me and my children. My kids went and lived with their father for...

My boyfriend wants to adopt my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old baby. I went for a dna test with a guy and it came back that he's not her biological father. My boyfriend wants to adopt her. So I have two questions... 1. do we have to be married for him to adopt her. 2, Do I have to find out who her biological father is and have him sign...

A new boyfriend with a new baby is this new drama? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm in your same situation... I've been dating my boyfriend for five months now, but have been friends with him for 9 years. He has been in love with me for all these years but I ignored the signs not wanting to mess up our friendship. During this time he meet someone and became very good...

View more questions Search