Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyrenee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 10:08 PM
    How do I safely clean out a clogged skimmer in my inground pool?
    Hello,
    We added chemicals to our pool, as instructed from the pool store, with the NC weather, pollen and rain, we had to apply several powdered chemicals to the pool and to the skimmer. We had to do this before, with no trouble. It was no more than a total of six pounds added over a 24 hr period...
    ... Well, this time my skimmer is clogged and no water can get through to the pump. I have the main drain on to work the pump and jet. I did take the garden hose into the skimmer, just below water surface. A bunch of the chemicals became dislodged into the pool and the sediment from that dropped to the bottom and I was able to brush to the main drain to backwash out of the pool.

Since it appears that the clog is at the skimmer end of the line...

What do I do... continue or try something else?

Amy

Check out some similar questions!

How can I safely clean my dishwasher drain? [ 6 Answers ]

For quite awhile now I have noticed a strong smell coming from my dishwasher, it happens at the beginning of the cycle. It is sort of like a rotten egg smell. I noticed that there is a little water in the very bottom of the dishwasher after I run it, I'm not sure how long the water has not been...

Inground skimmer has no suction [ 1 Answers ]

Inground skimmer has no suction. I have cleared the pipe from skimmer to pump. I do not see any water (level) leaking from pool. Pump works great on main drain. Suspect small air leak, but can not find. Any suggestions

Small crack in skimmer of inground pool [ 2 Answers ]

There appears to be a small crack in my skimmer. It is on the base/flat entrance area where the water enters. I seem to have more water behind the liner than I usually do when I open and assume it is a pressure crack from the ice this winter. Hoping I can take the water level down, apply some...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.