Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NancyD92 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Hooking up my computer to a relatively old Panasonic TV
    I recently acquired an s-video cable. I was successful in hooking up my laptop to a TV. The thing is, it wasn't my TV at home.

I have an old Panasonic (I'm not sure about the model, but it's either late 90s or early 2000s). There is an s-video imput port in the back, and my computer responded as if it was being displayed on the TV screen. However, it didn't appear on any video channels.

The TV doesn't work through auxiliary channels. You can switch between the regular TV channels, Video 1, Video 2, and Video 3. "Input 2" is engraved next to the s-video port. I looked at the settings on the TV's menu, but there's nothing that will help. I've also pressed just about every button on my remote. Nothing works.

I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing or if my computer isn't compatible (though, I got it to work on a TV that was just as old, if not older, than mine). Please help in any way that you can. If it's helpful, my laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6000.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 2, 2010, 12:04 AM

Post the exact model of the Panasonic TV so anyone interested in responding can lookup the specifications of the TV and not have to make guesses in their responses.

May 4, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Actually, I figured it out. It was a computer setting.

May 4, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Actually, I figured it out. It was a computer setting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you go about hooking up a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Recorder to a T.V. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to hook up a DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a T.V. set. It is a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a Sharp 46 inch T.V. tHE t.v. is aLCD T.V. My name is Danny Couch And my E-mail address is [email protected].

Hooking up sub woofer to Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to hook up the sub woofer that came with our Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System when the back of the receiver that came with it does not show a place to plug it into? This is becoming very frustrating as the manual shows a diagram for the VSX-405 which has a plug...

Hooking computer up to overhead projector [ 4 Answers ]

I am presenting a lecture at a class using a powerpoint demonstration. I have not been at this school before, and want to be prepared without having to call the AV department. What cable do I need to hook up laptop to those overhead projector screens that take laptop hookups? Just a usual...

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

Hooking a computer to an older amp? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a home built intel PC with dual 2.4 gig procs, and it works well, but I want to see if I can hook it up to a really old but functional amplifier. Can this be done and how please? The amp is a kenwood solid state stereo tuner amplifier with several inputs and outputs, its max output...

View more questions Search