Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacycouch Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Can anyone tell me if this bill is worth anything
    I got a ten dollar bill with some ink smudges on the tens and some other weird marks on is. It is miss aligned and I wondered if it is worth any thing
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 11:26 AM

Picture would help, could be worth 20 to 40... years in prison if counterfeit.
    Just pulling your leg, a photo would help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Hi, stacycouch!

What year is it and what are the names on it? Also, do you know what the graded condition of it is, please?

There is some other information that would be helpful to know. But, those are the basics right now in order to get started here.

Flying Blue Eagle has the current documentation on such currency. He might want more information.

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2010, 11:42 AM
    This is the ten dollaer bill
    Attached Images

Apr 30, 2010, 11:44 AM

Did this one help

Apr 30, 2010, 11:46 AM

The marks are exactly the same on both sides. I've never seen this on a bill before.

Apr 30, 2010, 11:49 AM
    This is the front

Apr 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
    Lol I hope its not counterfit

Apr 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Front
    Attached Images

Apr 30, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Better view
    Attached Images

Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:28 PM

Stacycouch-IN answer to your first question { Is it worth anything}
    ( YES) this is what is called a {paper money ERROR}Back side ::FRONT side is also a money error, just a little different;; Looking at the first picture(back side) IN the book on Paper money errors)IT is called{ MINOR INK SMEAR=VALUE FOR ,THis is about fine- $ 25.00 up to {$250.00 for the VF grade { VF STANDS FOR THE CONDITION AND GRADE, Means [VERY FINE}:: now for the CU
    Condition and grade{ {CU MEANS -CHOICE UNCIRCULATED }VALUE on this one is $450.00;;THE second picture ,from what I can make out on it is that it is in the same chapter as the first one
    ::it is called a [ink smear -major,-resembles a mattepatternoffset
    these are valued at about the same; fine-$150.00;;EFis $250.00 and last is CU- $450.00; STACY -GO to this site to find out just what [condition and grade your bill is,} 1.9)how do you grade the condition of paper money then you will know just what the grade is on this ten dollar bill is ;; IF you need any more help on this ,just come back to this site and holler;; Have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2010, 10:08 PM

STACYCOUCH- IF you get interrested in selling this note ,let me know and I will gibve you some names ,address,phone numbers and e-mail ways to get in touch with them;;NOTE one thing{ YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO }and that is -YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE IT TO A PAWN SHOP or a coin shop , you want to sell to a collector, one that is TRUST WORTHY
    Let me know ;;have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

May 8, 2010, 11:43 AM
    What year is it and what are the names on it? Also, do you know what the graded condition of it is, please?

There is some other information that would be helpful to know. But, those are the basics right now in order to get started here.

Hi this is stacy again just wondering if you looked at my post of my ten dollar bill yet.. just wonted to know if it was worth keeping or should I sell

May 8, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Thank you so much and yes I would like to get the info to sell it... but I don't won't to be railroaded on it so if you would give me some names and I will get it graded. Thank you so much
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Hi again, stacycouch!

I have some up-to-date books for reference and pricing, but Flying Blue Eagle has many more resources than I do.

Thanks!

May 8, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Flying eagle... thank you and I think my note is fine to very fine... but should I send it off to be graded by someone who really knows what they are doing?. I'm new at this , I don't know what to do... I also have a lot of star dollars... another ten dollar bill that is a 1950 bill. So a list of people that would be interested in my error bill would be greeatly appreciated. [Personal contact information removed for privacy.] thanks and sorry to keep bothering you::
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 12:50 PM

Have you tried the US Mint? I wonder if you could scan, send to them, and see what they say about the note.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
    I needed to remove your personal contact information from your last post, stacycouch. I would hate to see you get spammed because it was visible here. Also, once a thread has been started, all information needs to stay on the thread so that others with similar question can benefit by the information that's exchanged.

Flying Blue Eagle has been collecting coins and currency for many decades. He loves discussing about numismatics and truly, really does know his stuff!

Also, if you have other currency about which you need information, we would appreciate it if you would please start new threads about the different ones so that the information on the threads will be about the specific notes.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 12:42 AM
    Originally posted by stacycouch

OK sorry... I was not questioning his answer. I was not sure about my ability to grade the note myself. Thank you for the info I love this site you guys are so smart... and help us dummys a lot.
    How to grade them is available via clicking on the following link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collec...ns-303795.html

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 08:30 PM

StacyCouch- Writeing a list for you tonight, will post tomorrow nightHave a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a off center $5 bill worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1950 series A $5 bill. The right side is quite a bit bigger (the white) than should be. The top of the bill, the white is very thin... the serial number is f65065144a. I would like to know if it is worth anything more than $5.

What's my two dollar bill worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have two $2.00 bills that are dated 1976. On one of them my grandfather wrote at the bottom 4-13-1976 1st issue. I will call this one A. The issuing bank is a "G" on banknote A with the serial number G12037878A. In the upper left corner across from the 7 is B4 and on the right bottom hand side is...

I have a 1927 $2 bill - what is it worth? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1927 $2 bill - what is it worth?

What is a $2.00 Bill Series of 1917 Worth? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a $2.00 bill, in series of 1917 , serial # B58588317A red seal, with Washington, DC on top of that. Please tell me if this is worth anything, also I have a 1901 Silver dollar it hasw E PLURIBUSW UNUM ON THE OUTER EDGE. THANK YOU LINDA COHEN

View more questions Search