Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharlotteW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Ghosts
    Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:04 PM
    I don't know if this will help you but this is my belief.

Thought is creative. All thought, good and bad, is creative and tends to become a material thing.

If you believe in ghosts, there is a good chance that you will see one. If you don't, you won't.

I personally don't believe in ghosts.
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
    A comment on Bluerose's comment.

I've heard someone say that before. Here is an experience of mine. I believe in spirits (allot of people know them as ghosts) a friend of mine did not. He is the scientific kind who has to be shown evidence to believe. One night we were out around 5 am. We stopped at a local all night convienience store. On our way back to his house we were passed by a jogger on a cobblestone street. It is a very wide street, at least 50 feet from one side to the other. We were almost finished crossing when he passed us. His footfalls were very heavy against the cobblestones, I could count them to about 5 when I no longer heard them. When I turned around the jogger was no where to be seen. He had completely dissappeared. Both my friend and I agreed that we saw the same thing. Now he believes that spirits do exist.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 4, 2007, 03:05 PM
    It's not impossible, but there is no evidence that they do exist.

I'm sure you've read a couple of books and seen a couple of shows, but trust me, no one has
    EVER produced photographic evidence of a ghost!
    Bellc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 03:45 PM
    WEll actually its really up to you and by that I mean you have to be believe and the more you believe the more you will see (? Confused aren't you lol) Well see our brains work in different ways and stuff so their somting like dead people that we don't really notice but their really just every were and no I am no a medium or something
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
    I believe they exist in one form or another. There are many different things that could explain circumstances that are happening in a certain area and does not mean it is necessarily a ghost. I have lots more info if you want to send a pm.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 04:37 PM
    "I don't know if this will help you but this is my belief. Thought is creative. All thought, good and bad, is creative and tends to become a material thing. If you believe in ghosts, there is a good chance that you will see one. If you don't, you won't. I personally don't believe in ghosts."

I stick by what I said earlier. And I would just like to add...

We create our own reality from the thoughts we entertain. If you want to believe in ghosts then I believe, FOR YOU, ghosts will exist.

I don't think it is anything to be afraid of. I think it can be likened to why some people believe in God and some people don't.

There is more going on in Heaven and on Earth than we will ever understand.

And the only thing to fear is fear itself. Because if you believe your 'ghost' is a good ghost, you won't be afraid and therefore it won't scare you. On the other hand, if you believe your 'ghost' is a bad ghost then you will be afraid and the more afraid you feel the 'badder' your ghost SEEMS to be.

We used to take it as an insult when someone said, "It's all in your head." as they often referred to us as being silly and imagining things. But today we are learning that that is in fact the case.

IT IS ALL IN OUR HEAD!

Try this little experiment... Think about something or someone (alive preferably) that you would like to see, think about it over the next few days... Let me know what happens.

The result of this experiment often freaks people out, but there is nothing to be afraid of. It is you doing it, and you have nothing to fear if you are willing to cultivate a more positive way of thinking in order to attract good things into your life.

Keep in mind that the quality of your life will depend on the quality of your thoughts.

There are a lot of good books out there on Positive Thinking.

PS. Check out this explanation on how a Ouija Board works. There's a cool experiment you can do that should prove to you that it is a game and not spirits or ghosts.

The Straight Dope Mailbag: The Straight Dope Mailbag: How does a Ouija board work?
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2007, 06:03 PM
    I hope that is the same if your sick. I have been sick for the past 3 weeks and no signs of healing even with treatments. Is this because I am thinking the worse or just my immunity is low because of not taking care of myself and resting when I should?
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Good question and I would love to answer it. Give me a little time to get my thoughts down on paper and I will get back to you.

In the meantime I have 2 very powerful Affirmations I would like you to use over the next few days.

1) Body Heal Thy Self! ~: This one stops you from worrying and fretting about what might be wrong when you aren't feeling a hundred percent.

3) I have God's love and protection all around me and in me now and for evermore. Amen ~: Try this one if you are feeling vulnerable or fearful.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    "I hope that is the same if your sick. I have been sick for the past 3 weeks and no signs of healing even with treatments. Is this because I am thinking the worse or just my immunity is low because of not taking care of myself and resting when I should?"

We had a lovely chat about this recently. I feel very strongly about these beliefs, but I don't 'push' them onto anyone. But, mind you, when I read about someone's suffering and I think I could help by sharing what I have learned - it's awful hard to keep my mouth shut.

Maybe I have been brainwashed - I don't know. I just know that my way of thinking and my life began to change, in my twenties, after I read a book called The Master Key.

You can get it here free on line -

PsiTek - The Master Key System - FREE

I know how understanding you are, so if I may...

I would like to ask you about your illness..

PM me if you like.
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Feb 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteW
    Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?
    This is just me speaking from nothing but pure honesty, I have had some encounterments with ghosts. So I know what it feels like! Hey let me ask you this has anyone that is really close to you passed? Or is it someone who gives you weird vibes? Just ask the spirit if it could please leave and simply tell it that it is not wanted at your home.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Feb 4, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Now I am not saying Ghosts don't exist, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say,"GIVE ME SOME PROOF!" I have yet to see outstanding proof that Ghosts do exist. So for those of you who do believe in Ghosts or have encountered them, I am waiting. Only when there is persuasive proof will I even remotely consider if Ghosts do or do not exist.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2007, 07:57 PM
    It is kind of funny, that many people believe in God, Believing in God and Jesus takes faith. Does not take proof, yet they are unable to believe other possibilities exist without proof which I find kind of ironic.

Just my thoughts on some people and the way they think. Not necessarily speaking about anybody here.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
    I think it is a case of -

We have faith until we believe and we believe until we know.

Some people have no faith at all, not even in themselves. How are they ever going to get to believing and knowing?

Some people have faith and are on their way to believing and maybe knowing.

Some have faith, may even have past faith and have reached believing and are on their way to knowing.

And some people just know!

Feb 4, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Yeah, I know. :D
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Then maybe you can explain it to the rest of us. Lol
    MARK M Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Feb 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
    I don't know if ghosts exist or not. Or if god does either. What I do know is some things can't be explained or proven regardless of if you believe or don't believe .or even sceptical through science. At onetime or another everyone on this planet must have had something happen to them that's made them say that was weird
    I-C Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I believe and here is one reason why.
    When my kids were living at home, we always had at least two other teens around. This one particular day, they got the shock of their lives! We were all in the living room talking about various things (none about ghosts, they didn't believe in them anyway), homeschooling and stuff like that. Then the shade on my lamp lifted off the lamp by a foot or so and flew across the room. Everyone got real quiet and one of the girls asked if someone snuck into the diningroom. No one was there. I picked up the shade, put it back in place including putting the wingnut type thingee back on. Then I went back to my seat. No sooner had we started talking again when the same thing happened. Eventually, we discovered that if the end table was close to the diningroom hutch, the lampshade would get tossed. It didn't matter if anyone was there or not. Needless to say, there are a few more believers in town. It happened on a few occasions, until we asked it to stop! And that seemed to do the trick. That is just 1 of the things I have witnessed over my lifetime.

Feb 6, 2007, 08:47 PM
    I repeat: Give me proof!
    I-C Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    I repeat: Give me proof!
    The proof is out there, all you have to do is look around. And listen to nature. Look for proof on the net,, there are legitimate pictures as well as documented cases done by different people and organizations. There is also instructions on how to go about getting audio recordings. But some people just don't believe unless they personally experience something,, like my kids friends.
    Have a great day/evening :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Animal Ghosts [ 12 Answers ]

Can a house be haunted with animal ghosts? The reason I ask is because now and then I smell a strong cat urine smell around one of our litter boxes in the hall outside our bathroom. The smell is not present in the air all the time and as far as I know none of our cats have ever used the floor...

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

View more questions Search