Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Feb 7, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Yea I mean like people can simply use photoshop to alter photo's
    People can lie
    People may have a mental condition that makes them see and hear things

Now I do and don't believe in ''ghosts'' lol this means I have had some strange crap happen to me in the past, but I can't prove it. So in otherword's yea it could be real and maybe it's not, who know's? It's one of those things that just aren't clear enough to say it's REAL.

I love scary movies and getting freaked out lol, but I'll tell you what from what happened to me when I was younger, lol if ghosts are real zomg that's not cool. I remember a bunch of spirit's in my house and walking around, my gram even seen them. Being rasied Chirstian (not anymore) I was told I have the decerning of the spirits lol. So I could see dead people... haha. But I isn't got proof, so anyway, IF ghost's are real, there is simple ways to remove yourself of them. Use a strong forceful voice and tell them to either leave or ask what they want. Simple ways to comune lol--um ask them yes or no questions and yes is a tap a no is two taps or a bang. I watch this kind of crap on TV all the time, and this is ONE of many ways to talk to them. If they are real just keep in mind, they are human and were once like me and you so to act like they're alein's lol is completely retarded. This is one of my favorite topic's. I've studied a lot about how to ''comunicate'' with them, drive them out and detect them. This covers a lot of different things, I've read in books, net and watched. So IF anyone has any quesion's about my research just let me know.

Oh and remember, I don't disagree or agree, proof is what we all need. BUT I do read and listen to people, so therefore I have a bit of knowledge as to how people deal with this phanomina.

Take care everyone, sorry if my post is too long or retarded lol.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I believe we live with a ghost in our house. Neither of us has actually seen it but we certainly have seen the evidence of it countless times. It occurs mostly as significantly rearranged objects and unexplained sounds like talking and music. We both are not easy believers either but its hard to refute what you experience firsthand. At no time has either of us been afaid of it-- a wee bit unnerved when we encounter the evidence but that is all. We have attempted to communicate with him (we are guessing at who it is) but have only the most ambiguous and therefore inconclusive confirmation on that actually occurring.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Feb 7, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I-C
    The proof is out there, all you have to do is look around. And listen to nature. Look for proof on the net,,,there are legitimate pictures as well as documented cases done by different people and organizations. There is also instructions on how to go about getting audio recordings. But some people just don"t believe unless they personally experience something,,,like my kids friends.
    Have a great day/evening :)
    For the last time... GIVE ME PROOF!! SHow me a legitimate picture! Post one right here!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 05:15 AM
    I used to not believe in ghosts at all. But then my dad died and weird things started happening. The fan for the fireplace came on in the middle of the night (the switch is not somewhere where it is easy to reach). My mom investigated and found that the chimmney needed to be cleaned.

Then in 2002 I was really sick and in the hospital... all I kept thinking was I don't want to die. Someone please don't let me die. I was scared to death at night when my mom and boyfriend (now husband) left. But every night my dad was there. I know this because I could hear him singing... and one night he said he would keep me safe and promised me that I would not die.

Then just this past summer when I got married my mom and I were waiting to walk down the aisle together. We were standing outside of the church when we saw the biggest deer I have ever seen (my dad was an avid hunter). He came really really close to us (like 25 yards away), and when the door opened for us to go in... the deer just stood there.

Now I don't have pictures, I don't have writing samples from a ghost. But I do know that they exist, if you believe in them. Much like Jesus (as others have said). I have found much comfort in knowing that my dad is still watching over me...

Oh and I can give other examples of my brother in law who was killed in a car accident... and left behind a 2 year old son.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Tuscany,

Those are amazing experiances that you have just mentioned. That is proof. Although I do not believe you need proof in order to believe. It is amazing and comforting when you yourself experiances something extraordinary. Oh, and personally I love these stories and hearing these experiances from people. I would be interested to hear more, if your up to it.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Jesushelper.

To be honest at first I thought I was crazy. But then I just went with it... and things started happening more and more. My family are all avid hunters (my dad actually had a massive heart attack while hunting) and my uncle swears that when he sits in my dad's tree stand he can hear my dad laughing.

My brother in law died 2 years ago in a car accident (at the age of 30) and left behind his wife and 2 year old son. Eric knows daddy from pictures, but does not really remember him or his voice. He has climbed into bed with his mother and will tell her that his daddy told him to tell her... and whatever it is it is something that Eric would not know about, but is special to his mom and dad. Or just after he died, she got a phone call... the caller ID showed 333-333-3333. She answered the phone and the person said... I love you and hung up. My brother in law was a huge Dale Sr. fan...

Just weird things like that.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Feb 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Tuscany,

Those are amazing experiances that you have just mentioned. That is proof. Although I do not believe you need proof in order to believe. It is amazing and comforting when you yourself experiances something extraordinary. Oh, and personally I love these stories and hearing these experiances from people. I would be interested to hear more, if your up to it.

Joe
    While I respect your views on what proof is, my view of proof is different. I'm afraid I can't settle for an oral story. It's just the way I am. It is my opinion.
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Proof... That is something that a lot of people need to see. Anyone familiar with Spirit orbs? I have them flowing around my house from time to time. I never knew what they were although I often got odd feelings whenever they were around. Then one day I was watching TV and something came on about them.

I haven't seen any recently but I guess they are due to appear again soon, not like they are on schedule or anything, its just that it has been awhile. I have a cell phone with a very good camera on it now, and hopefully next time it happens it will be available so I can capture video of the spirit orbs.

Oh yeah,in case anyone questions my mental state, last time it happened I wasn't alone. My best friend was here and we made a game out of it. We were pointing out the flight path and area of each spirit orb as they appeared. Oddly enough we were in my room listening to music, The Tartan Terrors (scottish/celtic music. Think "Bagpipes"), when the orbs started appearing. I saw them before, but never like this. They just kept appearing and diisappearing, zipping along in mid air above or around my Cd player. We thought that they must have enjoyed the music or something. It was strange but didn't scare or bother us in anyway. We didn't feel any bad presence so we didn't have anything to fear. I know that sounds strange, and believe me it was. I would actually like for it to happen a gain. Hopefully it does and I can get some video of it.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 07:17 AM
    I think no matter what your beliefs are, if you feel comforted then it's good and nothing to be afraid of. If on the other hand you feel afraid, I suggest you become as calm as you can and simply ask 'it' very nicely to leave.

I had such an experience in my twenties. I had an interest in the occult, more curiosity than anything. I read a lot of books on the subject. I 'saw' someone, and the feeling was that 'it' was trying to communicate but I couldn't understand what it was saying. It did not feel familiar like someone I might have known. I was uncomfortable but managed to stay calm. I apologised for not being able to understand and told 'it' to keep trying as there were a lot of people out there a lot better at this than me. And 'it' just disappeared.

There is something going on, but I choose not to believe in ghosts.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Another story to make people think twice on something being a ghost. It might not be. Here it is.

There was this lady who drove through this town. Never been through the town before. She felt a connection. She was not sure how but she recognized a house and she had a picture in her head of all the rooms and what was there.

Later on that week. This lady was with her husband and driving in the same neighbourhood and she had such a strong feeling that she need to check that house out. So she went up and knocked on the door. An old lady opened up the door and then started screaming, You have been the one haunting my house!!

The only explanation of this is that while she was sleeping she was having an out of body experience and she was visiting that place during this experience. So her soul/spirit was travelling to that house and this old couple was seeing this, but they thought they were seeing a ghost, turned out it they were just seeing this lady during out of body experience.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
    That's known as a "Doppelgänger". -

Doppelgänger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Bluerose,

I do not agree that it is considered doppelgänger.

I think it has more to do with the soul travelling when the person is sleeping and other people were actually able to pick up on this other persons spiritual presence.

Feb 11, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Bluerose,

I do not agree that it is considered doppelganger.

I think it has more to do with the soul travelling when the person is sleeping and other people were actually able to pick up on this other persons spiritual presence.
    I can see how it could be confused with it though I don't know if I accept the evil nature of doppelgängers as a given.

In one of the last really great out of body experienced I had, I strolled about my front yard while my body sat on the porch stoop in broad daylight. It was a skill I had been working to develop for some time and this one in particular was dramatic. I can still remember my initial reaction of turning and seeing myself. It was shockingly different from seeing a representation of myself such as in a photograph or reflection. I initially almost didn't recognise me because of that difference. The best way to describe this is it was the visual eqivilency to how we sound to ourselves on an audio recording. There was however no sense of fear or forboding other than I realised the self sitting on the porch was a bit vulnerable so I was careful not to push my luck even though it was a very appealing experience.

I sometimes think we are slowly shedding our very primitive inclination to see evil outside of ourselves where there isn't any evil at all really (such as in ghosts or other supernatural things) and becoming more inclined to see the actual source accurately as in us and a part of our inherent nature we each must personally reconcile.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I think no matter what your beliefs are, if you feel comforted then it's good and nothing to be afraid of.
    I agree Bluerose.
    I also think that for some it is the feeling that their loved one is gone from sight, but still watching over us and caring for us. I know that is what it is for me.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    I sometimes think we are slowly shedding our very primitive inclination to see evil outside of ourselves where there isn't any evil at all really (such as in ghosts or other supernatural things) and becoming more inclined to see the actual source accurately as in us and a part of our inherent nature we each must personally reconcile.
    I hope so, but sometimes I wonder. Every time there's a major natural disaster somebody starts railing about how it's God's punishment for our evil ways. It's easy to forget what a short time ago it was that all natural phenomena were thought to be the actions of gods, spirits, demons, witches, poltergeists, and so on.

Part of the problem is that we seem determined to manufacture an "explanation" for everything that happens. The option of leaving something unexplained and accepting it as such seems never to occur to us. How often do you hear people say "everything happens for a reason", or "if it's meant to be, it will be"? I'm increasingly inclined to accept that some things, maybe even most things, happen for no "reason", they just happen, and it's up to us to deal with it according to our attitudes, beliefs, habits and preferences. In this sense, reasons aren't causes, they're interpretations.

Feb 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    I hope so, but sometimes I wonder. Every time there's a major natural disaster somebody starts railing about how it's God's punishment for our evil ways. It's easy to forget what a short time ago it was that all natural phenomena were thought to be the actions of gods, spirits, demons, witches, poltergeists, and so on.

Part of the problem is that we seem determined to manufacture an "explanation" for everything that happens. The option of leaving something unexplained and accepting it as such seems never to occur to us. How often do you hear people say "everything happens for a reason", or "if it's meant to be, it will be"? I'm increasingly inclined to accept that some things, maybe even most things, happen for no "reason", they just happen, and it's up to us to deal with it according to our attitudes, beliefs, habits and preferences. In this sense, reasons aren't causes, they're interpretations.
    Wholeheartedly agree Guy, those sayings rankle me some too. I live very comfortably with bunches of "I don't know's", trusting that its not the time for an answer or perhaps simply how it is. I can savor the mystery without a rush to solve. Some of them (I hope) might get answered when I die but hey, I can wait! LOL And we have only merely scratched the surface of understanding stuff here as far as I'm concerned so its best to be not so sure about what we do know anyway (the sign of an open mind) since it could all change tomorrow! You only need look at the nuitrition industry to see that, lordy! Uncertainty is not a bad thing but a way to be more flexible.
    I-C Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Now I am not saying Ghosts don't exist, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say,"GIVE ME SOME PROOF!" I have yet to see outstanding proof that Ghosts do exist. So for those of you who do believe in Ghosts or have encountered them, I am waiting. Only when there is persuasive proof will I even remotely consider if Ghosts do or do not exist.
    Obviously, you want to believe... or you wouldn't be here looking for the 'proof' that will tell you it's OK to publicly believe. And that's OK... however, if your mind is truly closed to it, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Some people are just like that.
    Do you believe we have found all the life on earth yet? Could there be insects, fish, plants or other life on earth that we haven't found yet? Where's the proof. What about the men who landed on the moon. Pictures don't prove they actually went. Maybe they flew to an uninhabited place on earth? Or, it was all a hoax, done in a hollywood movie set?
    What about the psychics some police departments use to find the dead? How do they get their info?
    Want some proof that you can see, hear or feel? There are plenty of haunted places that you can go to to get your proof. Find a place with high activity levels and go there a few times to give it a fair chance. Go at different times of the day and night. Maybe even sleep in a haunted room.
    Its all up to you. Find your proof or not. But, you come to this site for some reason, whether you admit it to yourself or not.
    Happy proof hunting. Heck, you might even have fun along the way.
    :)
    White_Lighter Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteW
    Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?
    There was a guy who had a ghost that followed him around. I went on a date with the guy and when the guy went to his car the ghost whisked past me and shook the sheet rapidly. I always wondered how I would react to a ghost and I can honestly say I was calm and just curious. Do I believe in ghosts now? I for one know they exsist.

Feb 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
    There was a guy who had a ghost that followed him around. I went on a date with the guy and when the guy went to his car the ghost whisked past me and shook the sheet rapidly. I always wondered how I would react to a ghost and I can honestly say I was calm and just curious. Do I believe in ghosts now? I for one know they exsist.

Feb 15, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Is there a para normal job in the united states where I could part time file papers,answer phones,and sometimes get to go to haunted houses for an assignment with a group of people also para normal investigating? If so, can someone send me a application?

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Animal Ghosts [ 12 Answers ]

Can a house be haunted with animal ghosts? The reason I ask is because now and then I smell a strong cat urine smell around one of our litter boxes in the hall outside our bathroom. The smell is not present in the air all the time and as far as I know none of our cats have ever used the floor...

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

View more questions Search