Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 07:40 AM
    The Right Wing
    Hello:

I'm confused. I HOPE you can help - cause then we can get down to it. But, I have a hard time arguing with clouds... I'll TRY to be specific, because I don't want to be accused of being a cloud myself...

Arguing with smoothy is like arguing with a cloud. There's NOTHING to it. It's pretty - but it has no substance. And, I thought smoothy was the only one... Then I saw Ken Blackwell being interviewed by Jon Stuart. He sounds exactly like smoothy. NOW I know where it comes from...

Here's my confusion. It's the same as Jon Stuarts if you watch. But, if you didn't, Ken Blackwell proposes that Obama is a tyrant, making a power grab, and is attempting to change our democracy forever. I've heard that stuff before... And, as an observer of political affairs, I wondered if these people know something I don't.

Then I find out, if Ken Blackwell is an example, they DON'T. The appointment of czars, the stimulus, and the ability to appoint judges, even though those are ALL constitutional powers the president has, IS all the evidence Ken Blackwell needs. He's also convinced Obama wants to take his guns away, even though the ONLY thing Obama has done, or PROPOSES to do about guns, is EXPAND the rights of gun owners...

Can you straighten me out?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
    Ex, you may be beyond straightening out.

I'll just touch on one part, that Obama "is attempting to change our democracy forever." He's only said that was his goal, to "fundamentally transform the United States of America," some 487,692 times in one way or another, give or take a few. I believe him, you don't?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Speech,
    You don't think some things need changing?
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Ex, you may be beyond straightening out.

I'll just touch on one part, that Obama "is attempting to change our democracy forever." He's only said that was his goal, to "fundamentally transform the United States of America," some 487,692 times in one way or another, give or take a few. I believe him, you don't?
    Hello Steve:

Funny. I never heard him say that. THAT wouldn't be good. I DID here him say that he was going to CHANGE America. That's different than FUNDAMENTALLY changing America. Certainly, I understood the change to mean FROM George W. Bush. You thought he was talking about Marxism, or something like that... Dude!

Nonetheless, talk is cheap. I want to know what he's DONE to make you righty's so apoplectic. And, of course, you're going to show me where he said he was going to FUNDAMENTALLY transform the US.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:22 AM

Lefties have to be willing to see beyond what their party tells them to believe.

Obama isn't God contrary to the popular opinion of the hard left... most of his appointments do require approval. Just like they do when a Republican is in office.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Gods don't exist so that's a non-issue. Moving along...
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:29 AM

Only people I have ever heard call Obama God, messiah etc... Are the people on the right.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    speech,
    You don't think some things need changing?
    Asked and answered many, many times.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Asked and answered many, many times.
    Alrighty then, I'll, wait for your response to ex about the quote you attribute to Obama.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Only people I have ever heard call Obama God, messiah etc... Are the people on the right.
    You never saw the Boulder Colorado convention... where they recreated Mount Olympis? Home of the Greek Gods? THe right had NOTHING at all to do with that. That was 110% Democrat responsibility.

And it's the left that gets their panties in a knot because, gasp... everyone does not agree with everything the Lord and Messiah says or claims.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:39 AM

All you really need to know about Blackwell is that Michael Steele beat him for RNC chair.

Actually the exact quote from the President was “We are going to fundamentally transform the United States of America.”
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    all you really need to know about Blackwell is that Michael Steele beat him for RNC chair.
    Hello again, tom:

So, he's a dufus and you repudiate what he wrote. Cool. I know you don't like Obama, but, to your credit, I don't hear wild conspiracy theories from you.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:49 AM

I'll get back to you about what he wrote as I have yet to read it and probably won't . Generally I stay away from the wilder theories ;although I do think the President has more of an ideological bend ,and is willing to steer the country in that direction, than you care to admit.

Edit. I have yet to see executive action on his part that crosses Constitutional bounds.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Funny. I never heard him say that. THAT wouldn't be good.
    You must not have paid much attention.

You thought he was talking about Marxism, or something like that... Dude!
    I don't recall mentioning Marxism recently.

Nonetheless, talk is cheap. I want to know what he's DONE to make you righty's so apoplectic. And, of course, you're going to show me where he said he was going to FUNDAMENTALLY transform the US.
    I'm not apoplectic. Apoplectic was the left's reaction to the Bush years.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:54 AM

So a stage with pillars equals Mount Olympus to you. Thanks for proving my point smoothy. You tea baggers exaggerate everything.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Alrighty then, I'll, wait for your response to ex about the quote you attribute to Obama.
    What, you don't attribute it to Obama?
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:03 AM
    What, you don't attribute it to Obama?
    Can you any of the other 487,692 times he said that?
    I'm pretty sure during an election campaign all candidates speak of changing things.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Spit, didn't I show you this recently?

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra
    "He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."

-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom.. . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate.. . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh.. . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane.. . He is an evolved leader.. . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered.. . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush
    That's why we call him the Messiah, his mind-numbed followers treated him like one.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
    So a stage with pillars equals Mount Olympus to you. Thanks for proving my point smoothy. You tea baggers exaggerate everything.
    THE DEMOCRATS that designed it made it look like Mount Olympus... THEY even called it that... until it became unfashionible and now pretend they never did it. Exactly WHY would they make anything look like an ancient Greek Temple given all the other possibilities they had?

For a man who never did or completed anything of note in his life... that they claimed had all the answers... whos entire life is shrouded in mystery, who has spent over $2 million dollars fighting just to keep his birth certificate secret not to mention almost everything else about his life.

It wasn't the Republicans that created it. It was the Democrats.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    whos entire life is shrouded in mystery, who has spent over $2 million dollars fighting just to keep his birth certificate secret
    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!! Typical republican!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Proud right wing Terrorist [ 10 Answers ]

So some people on the right wonder why homeland security has their eyes on them. Well here you go. This was said at Congressman Wally Herger (R) health care town hall. One speaker said he could trace his ancestors back to the Mayflower and said “they did not arrive holding their hands out for...

Information about Gundam Wing [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know if there is any birth date information on the Gundam Wing characters? I only could find Relena Darlien.

West Wing [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the actress who played Nancy on the West Wing?

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

Angel wing? [ 3 Answers ]

Go to http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ and look at the picture sent in of the wrecked car and what the person in the wreck says is an angel wing. What do you think?:confused:

View more questions Search