Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kevin Q Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 11:04 AM
    1 1/4 inch fittings won't fit 1 1/4 pipe
    The pvc nipple on the intake of my shallow well pump was leaking. I cut the 1 1/4 inch pipe and was going to couple in a new nipple. The coupling would not fit the old pipe. It is white 1 1/4 " and so is my replacement pipe. I showed it to three different hardware stores and none of them could answer why my fitting did not fit. I now see that the old pipe says 370 PSI on it. Is there white 1 1/4 pressure pipe? If so where do I get the fittings for it? I have worked with schedule 80 and it has always been grey. Thanks, Kevin
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 5, 2006, 11:21 AM
    Foamcore (DWV) ½" to 4" x 20 ft.
    Schedule 40 (DWV) 1½" to 8" x 20 ft.
    Schedule 40 (Pressure) ½" to 1 ¼" x 20 ft.
    ASTM 3034 4" x10 ft. and 6" x 10 ft. lengths

Gasketed 4" to15" x 13 ft. lengths
    Dualwall S & D
    solid pipe
    perforated

4" x 10 ft. lengths
    4" x 10 ft. lengths
    Are you sure you're not attempting to connect a PVC coupling into a PVC Pressure nipple? PVC Pressure pipe and fittings have thicker pipe walls. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

"approved coating" for LPG pipe fittings? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: What are "approved coatings" for buried LPG gas pipe black iron fittings. The code only alludes to approved, but doesn't specify. In the Old days, it was 4 layers of 10-mil pipe wrap. but I'm wondering if there is some sort of liquid coating that can be applied (such as alphalt...

Gluing copper pipe fittings [ 4 Answers ]

comic sans ms5 Hi I'm very new to forums so I don't know if I'm even in the right place so please forgive my mistakes hopefully I'll learn how to do this without losing my sanity or driving anyone crazy. So here is my question I need to know if it is possible to glue copper pipe I don't like...

2 inch adapter for lav sink? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting in a pedestal sink but the old lav p-trap goes from the standard 1 1/2 inch or 1 1/4 inch (tailpiece connection) to a 2 inch female pipe thread connection. A piece of galvanized 2 inch pipe (male threads) then connects to the drain in the wall. All of the nice chrome drains these...

Getting Fit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 35, male and 5'10. 3 years ago I has a 33 inch waist and weighed 170 lbs. I'm now about 194 lbs, and my waist has expanded to over 38 inches. I have a belly (my midsection really bulges out - all fat) and I'm getting a fair amount of fat around my chest. I don't mind being a little...

View more questions Search