Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Astudent1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Ethics Case
    Ethics Case
    BYP8-6 You are the assistant controller in charge of general ledger accounting at Riverside
    Bottling Company. Your company has a large loan from an insurance company. The loan agreement requires that the company’s cash account balance be maintained at $200,000 or more, as reported monthly. At June 30 the cash balance is $80,000, which you report to Gena Schmitt, the financial vice president. Gena excitedly instructs you to keep the cash receipts book open for one additional day for purposes of the June 30 report to the insurance company. Gena says, “If we don’t get that cash balance over $200,000, we’ll default on our loan agreement. They could close us down, put us all out of our jobs!” Gena continues, “I talked to Oconto Distributors (one of Riverside’s largest customers) this morning. They said they sent us a check for $150,000 yesterday. We should receive it tomorrow. If we include just that one check in our cash balance, we’ll be in the clear. It’s in the mail!”

Instructions
    (a) Who will suffer negative effects if you do not comply with Gena Schmitt’s instructions? Who
    Will suffer if you do comply?
    (b) What are the ethical considerations in this case?
    (c) What alternatives do you have?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2010, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Astudent1 View Post
    Ethics Case
    BYP8-6 You are the assistant controller in charge of general ledger accounting at Riverside
    Bottling Company. Your company has a large loan from an insurance company. The loan agreement requires that the company’s cash account balance be maintained at $200,000 or more, as reported monthly. At June 30 the cash balance is $80,000, which you report to Gena Schmitt, the financial vice president. Gena excitedly instructs you to keep the cash receipts book open for one additional day for purposes of the June 30 report to the insurance company. Gena says, “If we don’t get that cash balance over $200,000, we’ll default on our loan agreement. They could close us down, put us all out of our jobs!” Gena continues, “I talked to Oconto Distributors (one of Riverside’s largest customers) this morning. They said they sent us a check for $150,000 yesterday. We should receive it tomorrow. If we include just that one check in our cash balance, we’ll be in the clear. It’s in the mail!”

Instructions
    (a) Who will suffer negative effects if you do not comply with Gena Schmitt’s instructions? Who
    will suffer if you do comply?
    (b) What are the ethical considerations in this case?
    (c) What alternatives do you have?
    Hi, Astudent1!

Are you looking for direct answer to the questions, or for someone to come along and teach you how to come up with the correct answers yourself?

If the former is true, please click on the following link to read the announcement there.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting civil case into criminal case [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in the philippines I have used my credit card like account to withdraw money in order to pay for my sister's hospital bill,in which she cannot afford I wasn't able to pay for it,since they promise that they will be the one to pay it A certain fiscal said I,would be charged criminally...

Describe how personal ethics relate to organizational ethics. [ 3 Answers ]

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics?

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics? [ 1 Answers ]

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics?

View more questions Search