Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Uninstall Internet Explorer 7 - and go back to v6.
    Microsoft's directions are lame (what did I expect? :p ):

Quote Originally Posted by microsoft
    To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

1. Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
    2. Click "Add or Remove Programs."
    3. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
    4. Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
    5. Go here and select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.
    I'm using IE7 v7.0.5730.11, not beta. Does that mean I just click on IE7 then the Remove button and go from there? I did already, but backed out after the warnings :o

If I remove it that way, will I then still have IE6?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2006, 10:52 AM
    You should. Before I decide to go IE 7 I plan on cloning my C drive and setting a System Restore point.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Thanks, Scott. I'm making a restore point now just in case the uninstall does not go well.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:12 PM
    RickJ,

I have only just installed it. Can you tell me why you want to uninstall it? Just wondering if I should expect problems.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:36 PM
    I rarely use IE anymore - but am so used to the old layout and features that I just don't want to "get used to" something different.

I use Firefox for surfing and only use IE for testing how things look when I'm making or updating a website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help I can't Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad:Please help I have been trying for 2 days to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005, the Anti virus was showing as "Files corrupt" advised me to uninstall and reinstall, two days later after various attempts and reading on the Symantec website still none the wiser. Tried Add/Remove programs...

Internet Explorer 7 [ 5 Answers ]

I have just installed I/E 7. in Australia I used to be able to listen to TAB races live with I/E 6. Now I do not get a peep out of it. Everything else seems to be working OK. Can anybody suggest a cure.

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

Uninstall internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install Firefox how do I unistall internet explorer. I can't find it in add and remove programs. I am new at computers. :)

Uninstall or revert back from Internet Explorer 6. [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is a P4 1.8 GHz, Intel Mother board, 256 DDR System and using WIN 98 SE and IE 5.5. Recently I upgraded my browser to IE 6. I want to revert back to IE 5.5 but that option is greyed in the uninstall window. Help. DSRao

View more questions Search