Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadisy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
    What do you know about Corllins university
    I was approved for master degree in Computer information Tecknology fom Corllins university. And all what I have to do is paying 524 $ and waite less that 10 days and I will get the certicate
    Is this true or a big scam??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 28, 2010, 10:43 PM
    That certainly sounds like a classic Diploma Mill SCAM.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 07:03 AM

What study do you have to do ? What tests to prove your level of knowledge do you have to do. How many years have you studied toward the degree. Where did your under grad degree come from ?

You can not merely pay money and get a certificate without testing or study.

Also I reviewed their web site and they charge over 5000 dollars for their degrees. They offer a "certificate" but I have no idea what that is, since it is not a degree

http://www.corllinsuniversity.com/co...er-program.asp
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2010, 07:50 AM
    I looked all over their website for a curriculum and found nothing. How can you select a university program without any clue as to the content of their courses?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 08:31 AM

And if in the US, they did not appear to be accredited by the Department of Education which is required for many certifications and jobs. ** not for all of course.
    app2to Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 01:31 PM

Corllins University is a scam. The company is very deceptive and hides behind several domains.

Online-Education-Facts-Online.com, Speedy-Degrees.com, University-College.com, Corllinsuniversity.net, CrollinsUniversity.com, CrollinsUniversityreviews.com, Universaldegrees.com, corllinsuniversity.blogspot.com

In addition, they are the same owners of the follow "Universities":

Ashwood University, Corllins University, Rochville University, Lorenz University, Hill University.

This company is based in Pakistan and was originally formed in Saudi Arabia. These guys are doing nothing more then selling worthless paper. There is no review of your background or experiences. They simply sell you a paper degree that has no value to your employer at all. They do not have any accreditations and do not provide employer verification of your experiences and skills.

I would stand clear of ALL these sites and domains. Look for a reputable company. You will need it when your employer starts asking questions.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse78 View Post
    You should visit its official website in order to clear your mind. Corllins University is accredited by the Global Accreditation Bureau (GAB)
    That accreditation is not on the U.S. Department of Education's list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies. Available at: College Accreditation in the United States-- Pg 6

'If an institution is not accredited by an agency recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education, chances are it's a diploma mill. However, accreditation does not necessarily guarantee legitimacy. There are currently 35 accrediting agencies in the United States that are not recognized by the Department of Education or CHEA and that will put their stamp of approval on just about any program with no questions asked. In many cases, the accrediting agencies in question are merely self-serving organizations set up by the diploma mills themselves. "
    source

So yea, it is a diploma mill.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by quinton87 View Post
    Corllins University awards degrees based on prior learning
    That's right, "life experience" degrees are laughed at by employers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is atlantic International University recogned university [ 9 Answers ]

I' m Tanzanian living in Tanzania I want joining Atlantic International University for B.A education, can their degree acceptable any where?

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

View more questions Search