Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2010, 05:51 PM

Strength, please don't let one person drive you away from this site. Concentrate on the positive advice you've been given, there's a lot of that.

It's up to you, as the OP (original poster) of a thread to choose which advice you wish to follow. Don't let one post dictate how you respond to the rest of the people posting here. Okay?

If you feel that you've been unjustly treated then RIP (report inappropriate post, right hand side of any post) the post that you think crossed the line. The mods will look at it and decide. Okay? :)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Strength, I find that you're giving really good advice on other threads. What we often do when people have previously posted, and you may find yourself doing this in the future as well, is look at what's been happening to an OP in previous threads and make an assessment about what is relevant.

In this particular case you didn't think the suggestion about suicidal thoughts was relevant, but someone else did. That's the nature of this site and I really encourage you not to take it to heart.

The things about this site is that posters have different points of view and different perspectives about the issue you've posted on - and that's what you will get, very often, diverse approaches and diverse opinions.

You're doing well, both on this site and in your life - keep it up, you don't need to be thinking bad thoughts again.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 06:16 PM
    <closed>
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 06:24 PM

I know I closed this--but one thing I DO want to mention is that it actually IS okay to get information about a poster from his or her other answers. Many MANY times the original poster does not tell us the whole story, but the story comes clear when reading all of their posts. Pulling information that was publicly posted is perfectly fine when answering a question.

HOWEVER--

The posts that were deleted from this thread were deleted because the whole thing had turned into a bickering match, with a complete lack of communication as each side tried to be "right".

I'm amazed at how often I have to post this lately, but as I said on another board: There is absolute ZERO reason why everyone cannot act professionally and treat each other with at least a modicum of respect. Play nice or you can't play.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married woman in love with married man [ 6 Answers ]

I've been involved with this married man for about six months now. He is 12 years older then me but we have such a good time together. We never meant for it to go this far but now we find it hard to stop. We have so much in common. In the past I have asked my husband to do things with me but he is...

Married women in love with a married man [ 12 Answers ]

I am a married women in love with a married man,he said I am special and he kissed me long.. but he's not ready for a relatiionship comitment and he knows we are not going anywhere if we were together because we are married.. I want him back , I keep on calling him but he doesn't answer , and I...

Married woman in love with a married man ! [ 31 Answers ]

Please I need a reply for my problem , but plzzzzzzzz don't type an answer that is talking about ethics, morality & consequences of infedility.. I just need to know does he really love me & how to win him back.. We were work colleagues since 2002 I was single & he was married couple of months when...

Married and in love with a Married Man [ 9 Answers ]

3 months ago I reconnected with my first love, through the internet. We dated back in high school and we were each others firsts sexual partners. We are both currently married to other people but find an intense attraction that neither one of us is able to ignore. We have not physically seen...

View more questions Search