Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharon15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 04:38 PM
    My husband have been accused of stealing and have been arrested what should he do?
    My husband have been accused of stealing from UPS. He haven't been near that place since last year when he use to work there and they have accused him for stealing on April 9,2010 and April 12, 2010. Detectives are saying that they have video footage of him stealing but I and his family is one hundred percent sure that the person they are viewing is not him. The reason why I'm one hundred percent sure is because I was with him the whole time. We have already spent 12000.00 on a lawyer and it doesn't seem as if they are moving fast on the case. My husband have already spent the night in jail even when he told detectives that he is not the person and also told them of his where abouts. Because we are African American we believe that we are definitely being treated differently. Everyone can't sleep or eat. My husband and I is also going to school full time and can't concentrate on our school work. I'm also pregnant with our first child and this whole situation is very stressful to all of us. My husband is a very good man, who have no criminal record is about to graduate from college and I can't understand why out of all people that they chose my husband. My husband is not a U.S. citizen but a permanent resident and he is afraid that this will affect his immigration status and also go on his record. Please I really need someone's help. Can someone tell me what to do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon15 View Post
    We have already spent 12000.00 on a lawyer and it doesn't seem as if they are moving fast on the case.
    Hello Sharon:

If you have a lawyer, listen to him. He's not the one who moves the case long. The prosecutor does. It's not a BAD thing that it's taking this long. Accused and arrested is a LONG way from being convicted.

excon
    Sharon15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 04:55 PM

Thank you I guess that makes sense I will take your advice and see how this whole thing goes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 05:04 PM

He was arrested because someone at UPS named him, the police would not know who he was, so someone there, reviewed the security film and said they believe it was him. If it was from the video his basic size, shape and skin tone, then with a ID he is a suspect.

So after being arrested there will be a court appearance and bail will be set. He will get out of jail when bail is set and you put up the bail.

Next expect to pay a lot more money, most attorneys will be looking at 5000 plus if you are going to trial

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What fallacy is 'The police arrested the burglar for stealing computers from residenc [ 1 Answers ]

The police arrested the burglar for stealing computers from residence halls on campus using a stolen key. The burglar dmenaded to be released on false charges since the key he used was not stolen but made from an impression of the locks

Accused of Stealing [ 36 Answers ]

I am on State Probation and I have been for 2 years now and still have 2 more to go. I started my own business due to I have to work and no one wants to hire someone with a record not to mention I have 4 babies 9 and under. I have never been accused of stealing from a customer until a week and a...

Wrongly accused and arrested at work for stealing money [ 1 Answers ]

Good day I was accused by my general manager for having stolen R3000(rands),after receiving payment from a client and sighning his invoice I informed my supervior on duty that I had received the payment,the following day was my off day no report or investigation had been made regards stolen...

Falsly accused then arrested on a probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! Interesting web site! I'm very desperate for answers. My 27 yr old son is on probation for something extremely stupid he did about 4 yrs ago. He opted to stay on probation for an extended length of time so adjudication would be w/held. He is a full time college student mastering in...

My husband was accused of stealing $4000 from his job. What can I do? [ 21 Answers ]

I have a long story that I am desperate for advice on and I am hoping that you will read it all... I have a question that I am desperate for help with. My husband was recently accused of taking money from his work. He works for a gas station and has been employed there for 3 years....

View more questions Search