Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 4, 2010, 05:48 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAA!! I am so happy for you Tick!! Brook is SO lucky to have found you.

Aww So happy! :D

Anxiously awaiting new pics.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 4, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Guess what guys

I HAVE BROOK ! I am so happy, she is just amazing, little strange right now, took her for a walk. Now we are settling in and dont expect much sleep tonight, but an early morning.

Love you all for your best wishes and support, this is an amazing site, and you are absolutely all the best people.

pleased happy tick
    I am so happy for you and Brook. May this be the beginning of a very long and happy relationship. :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 4, 2010, 07:22 PM

Now Tickle does the dance of joy!

YouTube - Perfect Strangers - The Dance of Joy
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 09:27 PM

Congratulations!

I'm glad she is safe and well with you now!

Now we can demand pictures :D
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 11:50 PM

Congratulations Tickle! You finally have Brook!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzy
    Now we can demand pictures :D
    Who wouldn't :rolleyes: ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 5, 2010, 04:12 AM

Its been a busy night. She was pretty good once she settled down to sleep, didn't hear a peep out of her until I got up at 5:30 am. I don't know about her and Pickle though, I had to put Pickle's food down in the basement. Brook didn't seem inclined to let her stay upstairs. Hope that sorts out. Any tips ? Brook comes from a home with three cats, so don't know what this is all about.

So far this morning she has had three short walks on the leash, wines a bit, playing to the gallery I think. She is pretty savvy.

Will get pics today and post too, I hope. I am off to work at 7:15 am. Chris my son is in charge now and I won't be home until five.

Thanks again guys.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2010, 11:57 AM

Congratulations! That's great news:D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 5, 2010, 02:43 PM

Wonderful news. Welcome home Brook. :)
    Expert

May 5, 2010, 04:43 PM

Chris took a pic of her sleeping, she is pretty laid back actually, after the first day which I think is great. I will download tomorrow when I get home early and am off Friday. We are all doing well, however, poor Pick the kitty is not. Brook will not let her up from the basement and I miss her terribly. I am off to bed and god, only 7:30 !

Brook is all covered up sleeping on a pillow on the couch, wacked out, busy day keeping track of everyone and making sure they were all in the house ! There aren't too many things she does on command so will correct all that in time. Life is interesting again with a new furry friend around.

Tick

Tired tick w
    Dogs Expert

May 5, 2010, 04:44 PM

Night Tick. Looking forward to the pics.)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Hey Tick! I just came across this thread. Brook is SO lucky to have found a loving home like yours! I can't wait to see the pictures :) CONGRATULATIONS to both you AND Brook!xo
    Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    Hey Tick! I just came across this thread. Brook is SO lucky to have found a loving home like yours! I can't wait to see the pictures :) CONGRATULATIONS to both you AND Brook!xo
    Ah, thanks so much Flossie. The only fly in the ointment is the fact that my cat can't come up from the basement for any length of time ! Brook chases her back down.

Tick
    Marriage Expert

May 6, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Ah, thanks so much Flossie. The only fly in the ointment is the fact that my cat can't come up from the basement for any length of time ! Brook chases her back down.

tick
    Give them some time, Tick.

My cat hid under my bed for a week when we brought Chloe home and Chloe cowered on top of it. They have since worked out their differences, but it did take time.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2010, 09:35 AM

Brook will get bored with Pickle eventually.

My fur kids were like that when I first bought Dora (my rabbit) inside... they went crazy for her for weeks, but now they just ignore her.
    Expert

May 9, 2010, 11:42 AM

I promised pics of Brook; there will probably be better ones in time, but this is the best I can do at the moment guys. She weighs 47 lbs. still doesn't let Pickle up from the basement, bad scene yesterday trying to get them together. I know you all said it will take time but you can imagine why I am impatient cause Pickle was here first; she is really quite timid and don't forget she was a barn cat a few years ago, so that may make a difference.

Trying to find out her previous history is like pulling teeth. Recently found out her vet is in town and she has had her shots up dated, so that's good. I had made an appt. with my vet for next Friday, so not necessary now. Here is the clicker. Have to shop around for neutering, my vet charges $300 !

Tick
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 11:47 AM

Awwww, look at that sad face :(
    Dogs Expert

May 9, 2010, 11:51 AM

She's a doll Tick!
    Marriage Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Tick, she is lovely. :)

I can't wait for more pics so we can start the 'guess the breeds' portion of the thread. :D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:35 PM

She's so beautiful. I love her coloring and her floppy ears.

Her face looks like my beagle, except for the colors. Also, she's a lot heavier then little Chewy, he's around 22 pounds and he's now full grown.

She's so gorgeous. I love her solemn eyes.
    Expert

May 9, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Tick, she is lovely. :)

I can't wait for more pics so we can start the 'guess the breeds' portion of the thread. :D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    Well, have more to offer on that front. I am guessing beagle and pitt because of my experience with hounds. Coloring is unusual too, she has boots and the multi colour appears above that on her calves. I guess its called 'brindle'. She loves having her nose to the ground, sniffing all the way and points. Mmmmmm, interesting, yes, will try to post more pics, am not good at it and need my son to help me.

She is very mindful and affectionate, but that doesn't tell us anything really, it just means that she had a good person with her in her younger years to tone her down.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doggy Boots [ 7 Answers ]

Have any of you had experience with doggy boots? If you have had success with them, which are the best kinds on the market? What is the difference between them? I'm also looking for other rainy day options. It's for an English cocker spaniel. Thanks!

Doggy daycare [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone think I could start a doggy daycare business living out in the country? The closest city is not very big either.

Doggy refuses to eat doggy food. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a west highland terrier which has been with me for 9 months and recently I just brought him to a doggy's restaurant. Apparently, he has not been the same ever since he came back after the treat and didn't want to touch his dry food anymore. It is actually a far cry from what he was when he...

How much for this doggy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sclupture that is signed by G. Gori. It is a statue of a lady walking a large great dane that is set on a marble base. I believe this is an Italian artist that worked in the early 1900's. Can anyone tell me more or what its worth and if its of value where to sell it?

Funny Doggy [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, My 4yr old black labrador Deefa has starting behaving rather odd. He's quite a nervous dog anyway but recently he keeps coming up to either me, my parents or my sister and crying as if he wants something, we give him fresh water, food, cuddles etc etc but he still doesn't settle. This...

View more questions Search