Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megan2810 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2010, 01:38 PM
    Phone fell down the toilet !
    Hi,
    My phone has fallen down the toilet it wasn't in there for longer than 30 seconds (I would have got it out straight away but I was a bit shocked) is there anyway I can save it ? Also I'm on contract and only had it for about two months and my contract says I have to keep it for 18 months is there anyway I can get it replaced ?
    Thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 01:46 PM

Water damage usually isn't covered.

Remove battery. The internal one you won't be able to get too. Remove SIM.

Wash in clear water if dumped in dirty water.

Dry as best as you can with a lint-free cloth.

Place in a Zip-lock bag full of rice for a few days.

Water damage usually isn't covered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 01:49 PM

Did you have insurnce on your phone ?
    Megan2810 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2010, 02:11 PM

No I didn't have insurance this time .
    blueandred Posts: 9, Reputation: 6

May 19, 2010, 05:27 AM

If you don't have insurance, then first off, I am sorry, and good luck!

As mentioned before, you want to strip away all possible pieces, including the battery cover, battery, removable casing, etc.

IMPORTANT! DON'T TRY TO TURN IT ON! If you attempt to turn it on while it is still wet, this may cause the electricity in the phone to short-circuit it, causing it do die forever.

One the phone is as bare-boned as you can get it, stick it into a bag of rice. The rice will soak up the moisture away from the phone. You may need to leave the phone in the rice for a couple days. The longer, the better!

Finally, put your phone back together and cross your fingers!

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fell for my best friend, everything fell apart [ 4 Answers ]

So, my best friend and I fell for each other. I didn't mean for it to happen and at first tried to put thoughts of her aside as to not risk losing our friendship, but eventually it became this irresistible thing. She broke up with her boyfriend, who had cheated on her, and we got together. ...

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Cell phone fell in the toilet? [ 9 Answers ]

I dropped my cell phone in the toilet... I paid 200 dollars for my phone... is there anything I can do if anything to save my phone?? PLEASE HELP ME>.. I really don't want to have to throw away my phone... I took my phone apart and dried off everything and it didn't sit in the toilet for more then...

Cell phone in the toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My cell phone fell down the toilet!! We have not flushed the toilet since. I put gloves on and stuck my hand in there but couldn't feel it. The phone is probably useless but will it block the toilet.

Earring fell down the Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My earing fell into the toilet and "disapeared" although the toilet hasn't been flushed... can it be saved? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search