Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doubletroublesmomm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2003, 01:08 AM
    Why is it always me that compromises?
    My boyfriend and I have 5 month old twins and he works nights. He had two older children and his x wife makes like a nightmare!

Everything is last minute, or changed at the last minute so it is convienent for her. I always compromise, and go with the flow. When the kids come, how long they stay is her terms. I told my boyfriend that I don't mind having the other two but four kids and one adult is not an easy task.

I asked her for some a bit of notice and arrangements be made and agreed upon at the time, she went off on me and told me I am being unreasonable.

It's her way or she pitches a fit, and my boyfriend defends her, and its pissing me off. I told him this and he says if he says anything he is scared she will hold the kids from seeing him.

If I tell her I have plans she gets all mad and I end up cancelling so his older kids can come over for a night or two, he's not even here, he works.

I don't know what her beef is with me, but I feel like I can never be the one to be "inconvienced"

Thanks
    eestevez Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2003, 08:17 AM
    Why is it always me that compromises?
    First of all you should try not to kick yourself and realize it is not your fault. That the x is just pushing the only string she has - the kids, and your husband just doesn't want to loose the ability to see them.
    Try to plan ahead with your husband, and be patient. You have the upper hand. I think that if you don't loose your grip the x will find that she's not getting any attention and give up, then all will be better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search