Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 04:08 PM
    There ARE words for this and they are called - abusive female with narcissistic tendencies...

Inflated sense of her own entitlement - tick
    Lies to get her own way - tick
    Dumps you when you don't have anything more to offer - tick
    Inability to control moods and rages - tick
    Makes you the bad guy by threatening a restraining order - tick
    Won't take responsibility for her own behavior - tick
    Totally self centered - tick

You sound like a nice guy - perfect for woman like this. They go after men who are kind, generous, trusting, eager to please, self-reflective, and, most importantly, guys who have a desire to work things out.

She had you firmly by the short and curlies and now you've got your chance to make good your escape. Yea, I have no doubt that she'll try and get back in contact with you and try to pull your heart strings (or the short and curlies again!). But don't kid yourself that it's karma, because she's the one that owes you.

I'd forget about any money she owes you - you won't get it back, what you do need to get back is yourself esteem and manhood.

Run and don't look back. This person is toxic. Go no contact. That means no Facebook, emails, texts. Nothing. Disappear from her life - don't be a fool, next time she'll suck you completely dry.

Next time don't repeat the same mistakes.

You don't need to act like Father Christmas to get someone to love you.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2010, 05:52 AM

Gemini is right about not going back. You will not get the money back and much like paying for a college education, you should look at the money you spent here as a life education. Learn from it, but let it go. You'll blow money on other things in life and never learn from it. I blew $7.00 on breakfast this morning I will get nothing from after I eat it. She got your money. You got your education. You got your freedom. You got out. You win.
    rytter Posts: 46, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2010, 10:11 AM

See that's just the thing.. it kills me to see here doing bad, I want her to succeed. I want her to go far, I pray for her to get on the right track every night. I know deep down, that I'm the best thing to ever happen to her, and she will never realize it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 5, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rytter View Post
    see thats just the thing.. it kills me to see here doing bad, i want her to suceed. i want her to go far, i pray for her to get on the right track everynight. i know deep down, that im the best thing to ever happen to her, and she will never realize it.
    She can't start building up until she hits rock bottom. You have done everything you can. One of the hardest parts of being human is understanding that we can only guide another person. They have to do the work themselves. Maybe someday she will do that work instead of expecting others to do it for her.

Time to forgive yourself for not being able to fix her problems. Time to accept that you have your own life to lead and build. Let yourself heal from this and take the lesson with you that you need a partner not someone who sees you as less than they are or who you feel compelled to 'save' from themselves.

Good luck continuing to get your own life firmly on track. :)
    Starry nights Posts: 213, Reputation: 104

May 6, 2010, 04:04 AM

Seriously,bear-burning?and she's a catch?in what way?she burns you,your life and career,your bear(I am trying not to make her sound too immature),I mean,is there anything more left to burn here?why do you want her back?to burn you more?

May 19, 2010, 12:20 PM

OK well I created a formspring.me account and I've got a really weird response, the other day.. and it can only be her.. what do I do? Just ignore it? Or call her? Is it a trap? I have no idea here is what it said

"during a certain time in my life, you were the only one there to talk to me, you got me through a lot of rough sh*t . i dont want to ask you anything. i just want to say thank you."
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 01:56 PM

You do nothing. If you talk to her, it gives her the power. Right now your silence has given you power and strength over her. Do not lose it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 02:53 PM

Let it go. I doesn't call for a response so don't give one.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 04:34 PM

With all due respect, it sounds like you're not really listening to the advice given. Why are you trying to hunt her down? You guys are not together anymore, why are you looking to be rejected even further. And really, what difference does it make what you wear to drop of items that she obviously didn't care enough about to come get. You need to cut her completely out of your life. It should be no concern of yours how she is doing at this point. She's your ex. You should be spending this time focusing on yourself until the next girl comes along. You're wasting all kinds of time here playing games with her.

On top of what everyone else has said about not answering your phone, maybe you should change your phone number, get a new email account and then you won't have to wonder if she's trying to get a hold of you. I'm not in any way trying to be mean, but seriously, take control of this situation.
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

May 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rytter View Post
    ok well i created a formspring.me account and ive got a really weird response, the other day.. and it can only be her.. what do i do? just ignore it? or call her? is it a trap? i have no idea here is what it said

"during a certain time in my life, you were the only one there to talk to me, you got me through a lot of rough sh*t . i dont want to ask you anything. i just want to say thank you."
    Take it as you would a call or a text from her... ignore it...

She is just trying to get a response from you, don't give her the chance to get her foot in the door once again.

Ignore her, slam the door, dead-bolt it and walk away...
    Mommy102808 Posts: 52, Reputation: 11

May 19, 2010, 07:07 PM

You need to keep going on with your life and leaving her in your past. The more you ignore her the easier it will be on you and she will most likely try even more ways of contacting you. The key is to stick to what your brain is telling you, now is not the time to think with your heart because this girl has done stepped on your heart and burnt it for that matter.
    Money can buy a lot of things but it doesn't buy happiness or love. You will find a woman who loves you for the person you are not for what you can give her. Good luck in moving on and finding your Mrs. Right!

Oct 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Well its been awhile. But Your advice was amazing, and you where right. I found a new girl, been dating her for the past 6 months and now I'm on here again. LOL. But this one isn't tooooooo bad, its kind of my fault. Thanks for the advice on this past relationship and Ill be looking for more on my new post ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

What's wrong with me? [ 1 Answers ]

These are my systoms: -headaches. -seeing double. -numbness in the temples. -finger numbness. -tingling in hands and feet. -twiching. Does anyone have the same systoms or know someone with the same systoms, know what's going on. I'm going to the doctors on trusday 27th Agust, but I would...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search