Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melaniewayt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Do you have to have the main power line coming into the meter in conduit?
    Our main power line is installed without the wire being in conduit into the top of the meter. Than it comes out the bottom of the meter and is run into the side of the house to the basement... along the WALL in the basement and into the breaker box. Is this within national code?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 09:09 AM

Yes, underground service must be in conduit. Overhead service not necessarily.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Can you provide a photo?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fans troubleshooting power coming to the receiver, but no power coming out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hunter ceiling fan with remote. There is power coming to the receiver, but no power going out

Connecting conduit to my 200amp main panel [ 1 Answers ]

My 200amp main panel is outside, it has knockouts on the bottom only,the knockout area is filled up with house circuits and a backup generator.Can I drill a hole and mount a waterproof hub into the side of the main panel,which would allow me to connect conduit to another circuit.

Can the main electric line coming into the house be split? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an underground line from the meter to our house. We have added a new Living area. Can we dig down and split the main line to come into the house at a different location for the new addition?

Changing meter main to sub-panel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a 200 amp dual meter main. Can the old 100 amp meter main be turned into a sub-panel?

Relocating underground conduit and meter base [ 5 Answers ]

I am putting a small addition on my house and have to move the service entrance underground conduit and meter base from one wall, around an outside corner to an adjacent wall. The meter base is about 2 feet from the corner of the two walls and I am hoping to dig down to the 3" schedule 40 conduit...

View more questions Search