Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberleena Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Tattoo is art right?
    :o helooo,

I'm deciding on getting a tattoo which will be my first ! I'm really nervous but really want one? Am finkin of one on my foot, lower back or above my nicker line got any ideas tha would be nice?? I lyk Katie Price's on her back and on her foot if any one can help wif images well appreciated x
    jujue_bees Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberleena

im deciding on gettin a tattoo which will be my first ! im really nervous but really want one? Am finkin of one on my foot, lower back or above my nicker line got any ideas tha wud be nice??? i lyk Katie Price's on her back and on her foot if any one can help wif images well appreciated x
    Hey girl I am also thinking of tattoo ideas? Got any design ideas to share? I like the idea of on the foot but what about the hip? Or side of the waist kind of near your elbow? Lower back tattoos are cool but everyone is getting them now again (its not very original and body art should be) and also now its gotten the label as a "tramp stamp." I don't agree, but hey its something you should consider.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 12, 2006, 11:20 PM

im deciding on gettin a tattoo which will be my first ! im really nervous but really want one? Am finkin of one on my foot, lower back or above my nicker line got any ideas tha wud be nice??? i lyk Katie Price's on her back and on her foot if any one can help wif images well appreciated x
    Just a word of caution. Tattooing the foot (top of the foot or ankle) is likely going to be relatively painful. If you've never gotten one before, it might be best to try one on a less sensitive area first. At least discuss it with the artist.
    Take care.
    annifarkle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
    Tattoos are only art if the tattooist is an artist. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 08:06 PM
    Well I have no idea where a nicker line is ( something not to talk about ?)

But a good and tasteful tattoo can be great

Lower back is one done a lot, as is above the ankle a common place.

As normal I have a great tattoo story, I went into a gas station store a couple of years ago, I saw a tattoo showing up above the ladies V neck
    T-shirt. It looked like a unicorn from what I way and remarked it looked like a nice unicorn, well she pulled her shirt up and note, it was a dragon, I don't ask about them much any more
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 14, 2006, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    well I have no idea where a nicker line is ( something not to talk about ?)
    I assume she meant "knicker", as in underwear. Otherwise we're literally talking an entirely different language, as the English dictionary defines "nicker" as a sound a horse makes. :)
    rukus Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Hey! I think it doesn't really matter where you get your tattoo as these days its more uncommon not to have art on your body! Tattoos can be very tastefull but they are more than a fasion accessory and you shouldn't have one done just because Jordan has one! I believe a tattoo should mean something significant to you and you alone! I am an artist and I actually design tattoos myself and many people I know have come to me with ideas and I try to turn them into images that represent things like there family or friends or generally things that mean something to them! I think you should really personalise your tattoo and make sure you will love it for life so when you look at it it will remind you of good times and memmories because I hear that tattoos last a long time!!
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2007, 10:04 PM
    A tatty is art but it should be an image that you will forever be proud of. For your first tatty, do yourself a favour and get it on a fleshy part of the body. Bones equal pain!!
    danhustonii Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2007, 10:46 PM

I offer a descenting opinion. Our bodies are beautiful as they are. If you really think you want to do it they have some really great temporary ones these days that you should try if you are bent on getting one. Another thing to think about: everyone starts to sag sooner or later :(
    loukabooga Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2007, 10:55 AM

Hi!
    I have 3 tattoos and have learned that if the tattooist is crap, your tattoo will be crap! Where are you from?

Also, if you are worried about the pain, it really doesn't hurt as much as you'd think! I'm a wuss but I sat laughing and watching! And don't be tempted to have an alcoholic drink to calm you nerves as alcohol thins the blood and tattooists won't, or shouldn't tattoo you if you'r drunk as you're more likely to bleed the ink out. (I worked as an Artist in a studio for a few months when I was 18)... if you'd like any art doing, please contact me...

I have found some useful links with some beautiful tattoos on the base of spine and foot.
    I like colourful, realistic tattoos, but with a thick black outline, they look so dramatic and if the tattooist is truly an Artist, they will look amazing!

Tonya's tattoos courtesy of Award winning Saz Tattoo in Cadishead
    Nick Baxter
    Beautiful Freak * Tattoo & Piercing Belgium - Belgie - Belgique
    Tattoo Design Gallery - Downloadable Tattoos - Free Ideas for Tribal, Butterfly, Dragon, Fairy, Flower, Star, Celtic, Lower Back, and More Tattoos

Hope this is of some help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dragon tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a picture of a dragon tattoo for my arm. I want the dragon tail to start at my wrist and the dragon to wrap itself around my arm 2-3 times with it's head on my shoulder to cover a poorly done tattoo on my shoulder. Anyone have any idea of where I can find such a picture? I have...

Tattoo/piercing training [ 2 Answers ]

Hey again, I'm just asking for my boyfriend.. he wants to be a tattoo artist where can he get started? Do you go to school or get an apprentiship?? Anyone know?? I also would not mind learning how to peirce anyone got any information about this??

Bow tattoo [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone!! :) I need a picture with a bow tattoo, I seen one on nicole richie's neck and I loved it. But I don't want the exact copy of it so maybe someone has something like that!? Here is the picture of nicole's tattoo http://b.foto.radikal.ru/0605/0017fa11654b.jpg

Chinese tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, a friend of mine wants to tattoo chinese letters saying "only best is good enough". Does anyone knows how is that written in chinese? Thanks.

Butterfly tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked on the internet and found thousands of butterfly tattoos but I have not come across very many that I like. I am looking for small to medium butterfly tattoo's with a tribal design around or behind it to put on my lower leg or shoulder.. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or...

View more questions Search