Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattimeo_boyd Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Activity to demonstrate a positive learning environment?
    My groups topic in my Education class is creating a positive learning environment for elementary school children. We have to do a 30 minute activity to demonstrate some aspect of the importance to a positive learning environment. So far we haven't been able to come up with any solid ideas. We talked about using a shoe box, but that would take too much prep work and go outside our time limit of 30 minutes.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 05:16 PM

Take a picture of some one famous and cut it into pieces. Distribute them to the children and they can all contribute tto the "big picture" as well as learn how to cooperate.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 05:23 PM

Think of an activity that would promote active participation. You want the students to feel comfortable with expressing their thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc..

In the beginning of each school year, we focus on building a sense of community in the classroom. One activity is having a simple "get to know you bingo" type game. Students have a sheet of paper with various topics written in the squares. For example: has flown on an airplane... has a brother or sister... was born in another state, etc.. They go around the room finding classmates who have done those things and have them sign their name in the square. They are actively engaged, getting to know each other, and find classmates who may have something in common with themselves.

Apr 27, 2010, 06:33 PM

The teacher wants the group to focus on the physical aspect of the classroom For example, color of the walls, lighting, layout/organization, and noise.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:50 PM

The one thing that contributes the most to a positive learning environment is the teacher. The teacher must be enthusiastic and demonstrate care for the students. The teacher makes the students feel wanted, safe and valued.

Apr 29, 2010, 02:57 PM

My group chose to use the open-ended framework, which consists of: Analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation.

The teacher gave caution, warning us that this framework might not fit well within our chosen topic.

Confused!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mattimeo_boyd View Post
    My group chose to use the open-ended framework, which consists of: Analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation.

The teacher gave caution, warning us that this framework might not fit well within our chosen topic.

Confused!?
    Sounds like she's quoting from a textbook. Is it possible you have the same textbook?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demonstrate stratification [ 1 Answers ]

Examples that demonstrate stratification, in the work place, the media the home, or school

Activity-Based Costing /Activity Cost pools [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help with trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead cost per unit. I have computed the Activity rate as well as the overhead applied for both products. The following is the info provided: Product / Direct Labor hours / annual prod. ...

I just had a blood test ANA positive SS-b for sjogren's slightly positive [ 7 Answers ]

Does this mean I definitely have Sjogren's?:confused:

Activity Based Costing in Accounting - Activity Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm required to introduce Activity Based Costing in Finance branch of a Government Department. Does anyone know what Activity Drivers can be used for non-transactional based activities, such as preparation of Budgets, Annual Report, or other Accounting "common activities". The way system...

View more questions Search