Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zak52 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 01:52 PM
    What to do about my concussion?
    I recently got a concussion, which involved a loss of consciousness and I haven't experienced the usual symptoms such as nausea or headache since it occurred. This is also my first concussion. How long before I can return to physical activity such as football?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Hi, zak52!

What has your doctor had to say about that, please?

Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 01:55 PM

Did you go to a doctor? It's dangerous to not seek medical help with you get a concussion, you could slip into a coma or worse...

Your doctor will let you know when physical activity is safe.

Apr 27, 2010, 02:00 PM

My doctor at the hospital(I was taken by ambulance after suffering the concussion) told me that I was to wait for 3 days consecutively with no symptoms which have passed and said to ease back into activity. I followed up with my doctor the 3 days later and he cleared me, but he warned me that if I were to suffer another my season would be done. I got a second opinion and they say to wait 2 weeks and I'm not sure which to go with, I want to play bad but at the same time don't want to risk my future well being
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 02:03 PM

Wait for two weeks to be on the safe side then.
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 02:04 PM
    Did you tell the second doctor what the first doctor recommended?

Apr 27, 2010, 03:30 PM

I did. I also forgot to mention there was some twitching involved when I was unconscious. The doctor at the hospital said a cat scan was not necessary and that all the x-rays of my neck and head came back fine.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 04:10 PM

Well it is obvious going with the two weeks is the better and more sound advice.

Apr 27, 2010, 05:06 PM

I've decided to sit out the 2 weeks thanks for all the help everyone
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 05:14 PM

That's a good plan.
    jcain97 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
    Please wait 2 weeks, I have suffered many concussions, playing through them and lying about being symptom free, NOT WORTH IT! I now have a headache all the time. Its not fun and I feel like I'm sleeping.my life.away. Please.be.smart, and good luck with football! (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mild concussion [ 3 Answers ]

What are the symptoms of a mild concussion? A 3-4 foot tall section of a telephone pole fell on my head on Sunday. I was fine on Sunday, just a bump and mild pain when I touched where I was hit, which is to be expected. Yesterday and today I've been out of it. Tired all the time. Slower...

Concussion and addiction? [ 2 Answers ]

I took a test at treatment back in 2006. One of the questions was, if I had ever had a cuncussion. At the time I wondered why this question would be on this test. Answering questions on AMHD has got me thinking about so much lately... I was thinking, It might be head trama that inhibits the logic...

Do I have a Concussion? [ 3 Answers ]

I'am not sure if this is the best category to ask this... but the other day during a basketball game I slammed my head against the floor and it's been pounding ever since... I feel extreme pressure and it aches... Is it possible that I might have a concussion? What are the signs so I can be...

Urgent- Possible Concussion [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is a 3 1/2 yrs old pomeranian poodle mix. I recently began crating my dog when I leave. When I come home, he is very excited and jumpy. Today, I open his cage- he jumps up about 3 feet in the air and tries to twist around in the air... ends up falling right on his right side,...

View more questions Search