Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Explain this one: Child Support
    If y'all happened to read my last post, it had said about myself filing to get the custody back of my children. My mother has full physical and joint legal with myself. I gave them to her because of the domestic abuse I was enduring from my husband (soon to be ex) and didn't want the girls to be around him.
    I have not paid child support thus far (I owe over $1000) because my mother (whom I moved back in with in August) refuses to purchase food, etc, for my children. So, I have arrears.
    As of next week, I will be paying from my current job, roughly $56 (including extra arrear payment) a week, which although doesn't amount too much - it does when you're making $8 working less than 40 hours (this job may sound skeezy but it works great to allow me to take the girls to daycare - mother refuses this too - and allows me to take sick days for my girls as needed) paid weekly - and attempting to relocate and get an apartment on this salary, not including my fiance's income. I'm about to start an ADDITIONAL job at FedEx, making $11.50 an hour, working approximately 20 hours a week.
    I assumed this would be a much needed extra income since child support will be taking a decent chunk out of my paycheck already.
    When I talked to my co-workers about it today, I was informed I was being duped. :mad:
    With this second job, I will be getting child support taken out of since I am in arrears, which is ridiculous. IS THIS TRUE?
    Second, I was informed that even if I get the girls back in my custody, for an example: tomorrow, I will still owe my mother the remainder of what I owed her in arrears until it's paid off or until she drops the child support.
    IS THIS TRUE?
    I feel like I am completely being snowballed because how does the court system expect anyone to ever become "a better parent" if they are caught and financially stuck in the same damn hole...
    Someone please explain this to me... :confused:
    Btw, I live in York, PA.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child support [ 4 Answers ]

In order to receive child support does the child have to have the father's last name?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.